Ratings for Dr. Patrick Weinrauch

I have just had my second hip replacement done, left and right , by Dr Weinrauch, he and his staff have answered all my queries and helped me through a very difficult and painful time, 10 weeks since my last surgery I am now well on the way to leading a pain free life. I could not have asked for more knowledgable or considerate care.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

In May 2008 when I was 54 years old, I realized that I had osteoarthritis in my right hip. I did all the “right things”, took the right supplements, and lots of them, did chiropractic sessions, but that didn’t seem to help much, and to add insult to injury, before too long, my left hip started to play up. At some time in 2010, my chiropractor mentioned to me that I may end up having to have a double hip replacement. That statement fell on me like a ton of bricks, and I plunged into denial, rejection and almost depression. I lived in agony standing up, walking, gardening, and doing simple chores around the house. In time, my tolerance to the above worsened until it reached the level in which I was painless only when in bed. Above all, I feared what was worse, and that to me meant doing the hip replacement and facing “all the risks” that come with it. By 2015, and as the pain was getting stronger and I was becoming more disabled, I realized that I must at least look into hip replacement; especially that a lady friend of ours had done the operation and highly recommended it, and insisted that I must find a surgeon who does the “anterior approach”. She couldn’t recommend her surgeon because she did her operation in the USA. Nonetheless, upon my local GP’s referral, I did see two surgeons; the first one only did the “posterior approach” and the second one did the “anterior”, but I did not feel confident with either one of them. I also was unable to Google them and find out about them and read about their professional history. Around September 2016, my wife “discovered” Dr. Weinrauch. We looked up his professional, as well as personal achievements I must say that we were quite impressed. Upon meeting Dr. Weinrauch and talking to him, I felt both confident and comfortable. Finally, the procedure (double hip replacement) was done on the 21st of March 2017, and the reason I am volunteering to write this testimonial is to let patients in my position prior to the operation know that the operation is not at all that huge and daunting procedure. At 62 years of age, the 21st of March 2017 was a new beginning for me. I was able to stand up and walk the next day, took a step up on day three, stayed in hospital for 6 days only, took my first steps without crutches in 11 days, got rid of the crutches and drove in 3 weeks, rode a quad bike in 4 weeks, travelled alone in 7 weeks, and was fully functional in 8 weeks. Nearly 7 months after the operation, and as I sit down to write this, the only thing I suffer slightly from is a bit of weakness in the upper leg muscles. I should be more diligent in doing my physio exercises. My sincere advice to hip pain sufferers is not to wait and suffer more. In hindsight, I now wish that I had done the operation back in 2010, but no one told me how simple it was. My advice to those patients is to find the right surgeon and do it without hesitation. I highly recommend A. Prof. Weinrauch. He is a pioneer in the field and he has done this procedure hundreds of times. He is one of the best worldwide and too humble to say it about himself, and he is a very nice person too. If anyone who reads this wishes to discuss this further with me, please ask Prof. Weinrauch for my contact details and I’d be happy to answer any questions.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

No difference whatsoever after operation. Receptionist very stern and not approachable.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr Weinrauch and his clinic staff provide an excellent service.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Exceptional care provided by Dr Weinrauch and his team. Couldn't be happier ! Answered all my questions in detail. Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Absolutely agree, this guy is in it for the money!!! Severely overcharged me and worse, I ended up getting a terrible infection after surgery which took months to fight then when I expressed concerns I was turned away!!! Rude office staff too!! Avoid all together if you want to be alive after surgery

Submitted July 8, 2017

I am 3 months post my hip replacement and I can not thank Dr Weinrauch and his team enough. I went into hospital after a fall and was put at ease immediately. He explained the procedure through to recovering. His practice nurse was there when I woke up to answer all my questions and called post op to check on my recovery. I found Dr Weinrauch a very caring gentleman!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Excellent service. Explains alternatives in detail. Runs on time.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Bloody useless. Arrogant. I can't walk 14 months on. I got the same help handout for both hips. Others agree awful advice. Caused set backs. Very odd. Unhappy and severely so. Customer service -0.

Submitted March 25, 2017

One of the most arrogant doctors that I've come across! He doesn't like being asked questions, questions that a reasonable person would ask prior to surgery then he also refuses to operate on people who don't have private insurance! I have since found someone else and flag I did as I joined a couple of Facebook groups that discuss hip problems and the feedback on Patrick is NOT Good! Many people after hip scopes have issues with Patrick! Avoid all together!!!And his receptionist was very snobby

Submitted March 18, 2017