Ratings for Dr. Alan Cook

I have been a patient of Dr Cook's for 8 years and never once had a problem with him. He was my maternity Dr for both of my children. He used to have the most AMAZING receptionist there could ever be, and since she retired it has been a nightmare in the office!! It also doesn't matter what time your appointment is for you are usually getting into the room a 1/2 hour after your appointment time was for, so make sure you don't have anything planned for after. When you do get in IF you get in with Dr Cook, he is great, but more often then not you are taken care of by one of the students in there. as for the receptionist.....what a rude person. There is no point in having a family Dr with her as even in an emergency they will only get you or your children in in a week and a half. In a doctor shortage I guess they can do whatever they want and you have no choice.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Please be an advocate for your own health and strong in your conviction that you deserve proper medical care. Dr Cook was very dismissive of serious symptoms, saying that 'a lot of women your age' have similar complains. My condition, diagnosed by another physician was a tumour in my throat that was causing the release of 1600x more calcium than my body could deal with. Prognosis: increased illness, osteoporosis, kidney disease and eventual, painful death. Everyone can make a mistake. However he also diagnosed severe symptoms in my daughter as being 'a lack of exercise' which turned out to be Lyme Disease, diagnosed by another physician. I don't wish to be punitive but I think Dr Cook is too inclined to believe symptoms and suffering of patients are poor lifestyle choices or hypochondria, rather than diseases.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

At first interview, I thought he was arrogant. Second visit , seemed like he just wanted to get you in and out asap,decided to give him one more chance, glad I did. His diagnosis was always dead on.He never keeps yopu waiting too long,but does seem like your rushed in and out most times.His receptionist is the best I have ever experienced. She is warm, compassionate and very professional.She is worth top dollar as many other receptionists are rude, cranky and think they run the show.If every Dr. had a reeptionist like Fr.Cook has people wouldn't be changing Drs. in midstream. Thank-you Dr.Cook.Between yopu and your receptionist , I believed you saved my life mentaly.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007