Ratings for Dr. James MacLachlan

Dr. Maclachlan has always been thorough, answered my questions with clarity and patience and I trust him completely as my family physician!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Very thorough and he genuinely cared about my son's well being. The care received at the Pictou Walk in Clinic from this Dr was exceptional. He called me at home to discuss my sons results which was very much appreciated.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Took 20 minutes to complete a verbal history. Did not adequetly assess presenting complaint. Proceded to physical exam and was rude. Exam ended due to time constraints with no diagnosis. Will not be returning to see him at the Pictou Walk in Clinic.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Met Dr. MacLachlan not long ago at a outpatient clinic with my 5 year old son. I have to say he is probably the best Dr I have encountered. My son was having recurrent ear infections, and was suffering. Dr MacLachlan, made sure he had a medication that would actually do the job, on top of an antibiotic. he even called the pharmacy to see what he had been given in the past, and gave him something different. Wonderful Man, great with kids, and funny to boot :)

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

A good Dr. but a little offhanded at times. He has a good sense of humor and was kind but was reluctant to send patients to specialists

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

Dr. MacLaughlin's light-hearted character helps make my visits enjoyable. Although light-hearted, he is also very to-the-point, which I value in a family doctor. He is also up to date with current meds and practices. I am pleased with his services.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

Doctor Mac is one of the best doctors I have ever had! He is very warm and caring and also very smart and up to date! He also seems to be a very gentle soul and is very kind and thoughful with my elderly mother! He is a doctor you can talk to and know that he will understand. He doesn't patronize or talk down to you and is also very thorough! An all around lovely doctor!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007

Wonderful Doctor. Listens to you concerns and is very thorough....

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

This doctor is very knowledgeable and has helped a lot but on the other hand I found that the way he spoke to me was very insulting and made me feel rather stupid. I went to him with problems and for quite a long time he overlooked them, said that we needed to take of other things first. Now I have more problems !!!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007