Ratings for Dr. David J. Laub

I arrived for my initial vasectomy consultation with Dr. Laub today. I had been waiting over 30 minutes when a pharmaceutical rep walked in the office offering free samples. Without apology or explanation, Dr. Laub chose to see her before me while I continued to wait. I got my co-pay refunded and left to find another doctor with better manners.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Dr. Laub is bright and practical, and very compassionate. Know him a very long time and he is one of the few doctors who does not waste time with unnecessary tests. He diagnosed a life threatening problem that had been ignored by others. Don;t expect a soft approach and have your questions ready preferably in writing .

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

I felt he was officious, demeaning, and disrespectful. I had been referred to Dr. Laub by my doctor, so the visit was no one I initiated on my own. His review of my medical history felt more like an interrogation, and he seemed to disapprove of most of my answers. When it came to the question at hand, I got the strong feeling that he thought I was wasting his time. He sighed and said, "Okay, let's get this over with. Drop 'em." His physical examination was quick and rough, then he lectured me as if I was a wayward student and he was a school headmaster. He told me that my only problem was that I was overweight, and predicted that I would die of a heart attack within ten years. I left feeling much worse than when I'd arrived. I won't be going back to him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

I have known and used his services for many years and always found him thoughtful and caring. He diagnosed my life threating problem immediately and found a solution.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

My office visit treatment was demeaning and embarrassing. I was told I have Prostate cancer without a urine test or biopsy. After my rectal examination,I was not offered any tissue to clean up.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Dr. Laub was convinced there was nothing wrong with me, even though I was very sick and could barely walk. There was blood in my urine and awful pain in my back, neither of which he seemed worried about. I was completely brushed off by him and many Santa Barbara doctors, until I went to a doctor in another county and got treated immediately for kidney infections and urethritis- and got better quickly. A doctor who CARED about what he was doing would have found out what was wrong with me immediately, and not treated me like a total idiot. I left his office feeling sad (because he told me I was fine when I was not) and hopeless (because I had wasted money and gone through lots of painful tests for nothing). His bedside manner is very gruff, and I would not recommend him to anyone I liked. Many doctors told me that he was one of the smartest people they knew, and I am sure he is very intelligent, but he was very unpleasant to deal with and treated me like an idiot, which I am not.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. David J. Laub's Credentials

• German

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Barbara, CA