Ratings for Dr. James (Jim) Findlay

He screwed up my teeth with his bad orthodontics and left gaps between all the front ones, then tried to fix this by putting fillings in to fill the gaps. And now I cant floss between any of my teeth and they look awful! I want to cry.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

nothing but positive experience for me and my entire family (multi-generational now) for over 30 years ! feel lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

dentist is very rude and impersonable... can be inappropriate as well.. treatment is shoty.. have heard from staff that he is a horrible employer as well and treats them like garbage. would not recommend this dentist. think he should consider looking into another carrier..

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Terrible experiences in the last while. Will write more detail later when it won't matter if he knows who this was. For now we need to complete a treatment plan.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Don't every go to him for Ortho. Was supposed to get a cross bite fixed and after making plans, he just decided to put on braces and "make my smile look nice" instead of fixing the issue on the first day of procedure. I now have to get my cross bite fixed because of pain I am currently experiencing. Would never recommend this doctor to get nay dental work done.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

All of the dental work this dentist did on my teeth either fell out or had to be redone by another dentist. Read the other comments and go elsewhere. It will be better for you and your wallet.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I had been going to his office for years-but over the past couple years they have gained different staff and they get less and less friendly. For every appointment i booked they would call me 3-4 times asking to reschedule my appointment. which isn't a big deal at first.. but after its done so many times it makes me feel so unwanted and rushed during my appointment ! i had bonding re done on the front of my teeth about 2 weeks ago and i walked out in tears, they completely miss shaped my teeth and left them rough and discoloured. not only that but they were different lengths! he told me i could come back next time and fix them- so i was left with these gross uncomfortable teeth. On top of that i phone in to rebook an appointment to get them fixed and they couldn't get me in for 2 weeks. It was a joke! they ruined my teeth and now they expect me to leave it like that!?? Needles to say they have lost me-my husband and my children as clients. After this huge debacle i changed dentists and when they were fixing my bonding they tell me i have this chip in the back of my bonding that had been collecting god knows what kind of gross bacteria. i was in their chair twice that month and they did notice this???? i have never been so disgusted by a business I will tell my friends and they will tell theirs because this kind of rude uncaring behaviour will not be tolerated.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Would not recommend. Very rude. Doesn't seem all there, came across as kinda crazy.

Submitted October 2, 2014

Run away! I came in with a chipped front tooth and came out with a poorly shaped front tooth, shorter than my other front tooth. Granted, Dr. Findley was not the dentist who performed the filling- it was done by one of the dentists in his office, but when I asked for my money back, they refused. I had to pay to have the tooth fixed at another office. And they told me they wouldn't refund my money because I was not a regular patient and did not come back for any other treatments! I didn't come back because they were incompetent. They gave me the mailing address of the dentist who did my tooth ( he no longer works there) and told me to write him myself.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Dr.Findlay can be quite rude and so can his receptionists. He didnt answer my questions and said something rude to his young hygienist for no reason, also he was touching everything with his gloves on before putting them in my mouth! Also I have had a different girl cleaning my teeth every time I go in which I find irritating. I have moved away and started seeing a different dentist, and he has had to repair/re-do quite a bit of work because I was having chronic perio problems in a few areas (specifically due to overhangs on fillings). Why would he have Dental Assistants cleaning adults teeth? I pay good money for cleanings, I want a Hygienist doing it for me!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012