Ratings for Dr. Jorge L. Diez

Don't know how he made it thru med school. Find another endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Worst experience I ever had, totally incompetent, "lost" the most important half of the blood work he ordered and never sent copies to my PCP as promised. Almost died of adrenal failure because of him.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

This was the worst physician's experience yet. The wait times were well over an hour. His PA met with me first. She did not listen and refused to look at recent lab results sent over my other physicians. She briefed him prior to meeting with me. He was condescending and arrogant and asked questions totally irrelevant to the issues at hand. I caught them both winking at each other when I spoke - like I was stupid. He appeased me by offering to do three lab tests that were of no value. I found out later that I had an adrenal adenoma plus a whole series of autoimmune antibodies that together are making me ver sick. His PA called about two weeks after my visit to say all test results were normal. I told her my perspectives on the visit. Three weeks later they called to refer me to another doctor. I'm way beyond that at this point. Don't waste your time with this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

My experience was OK. The receptionist area is a mess, really unorganized, and not really friendly. I waited in the waiting room for about 15 minutes and they brought me to a room (left the door open which I thought was weird), where I sat for anther 25 Minutes. I thought that was a little ridiculous, but I understand how things get busy. During the visit he was kind of nice, but not as nice as I would have liked. He seems to know his stuff, which is important. Overall, if you don't mind waiting, then go give him a try!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

The most important factor of being a type 1 patient of Dr Jorge Diez is he allows me to work through my diabetes care. He listens to me when I have questions. He allows me to try new medications under his supervision. He doesn't tell me "no", but will explain WHY a medication may or may not work. He celebrates my A1c successes and makes me feel proud of reaching my goals. He may not have all of the type 1 answers, but he tries to learn and keep abreast of any scientific changes.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Takes time to answer my questions and provides a no-nonsence care.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2008

Dr. Jorge L. Diez's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

HealthFirst