Ratings for Dr. Gordon Chee

Dr. Chee and his staff have literally changed my life! I have been suffering my whole life from symptoms, ranging from grinding to migraines to neck and back pain- that were all linked to my bite being off. Having been to many dentists before (none of which ever helped in the least bit) I was relieved to find a Dr. Chee, a dentist who was so helpful and knowledgable and who finally validated everything I've felt for so long, and that these problems with my teeth weren't just in my head or my fault. Dr. Chee and his staff are so professional and on the cutting edge of dental knowledge, practices and technology. They don't just rely on the old ways, they are constantly are re-educating themselves and pursuing the most advanced and efficient ways to treat people. Because of the work I needed done, I spent many hours in the dentist chair (which would typically be nerve-racking especially considering my bad past experiences with dentists) but with Dr. Chee and his staff, they are all so wonderful and made me feel beyond comfortable, and I have zero anxiety when it comes to being in his chair. And finally the end product, my life has been changed for the better. I sleep well, I don't grind, and my smile is more than I could have expected. I won't ever see another dentist, Dr. Chee is the best there is!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I did a LOT of research when choosing who in Calgary to visit for my cosmetic dentistry, and am so happy that I went with Dr. Chee! From start to finish I have had the most positive experience with this office and also could not be happier with my end results. The entire staff have been wonderful to work with and Dr. Chee is very experienced, thorough and excellent at what he does. Thank you for a great experience and I look forward to continuing to be a patient going forward.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Best team!! I just went through a smile rejuvenation with 28 porcelain crowns as well as neuromuscular bite work. I have spent MANY hours in the dentist chair this year, and I can't say enough about the team at Aesthetic Dental Studio. Dr Chee stands behind his work, and it EXCELLENT work! They make you feel at home and always take the time to answer your questions and ensure you are on board and comfortable with any recommendations before proceeding. Aside from my smile rejuvenation, I have also gone to Dr Chee for other work including two root canals. My experience is always great. Highly highly recommend this team if you are looking for a switch!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I found Dr. Chee and his team on the internet and everyone knows you take a big gamble, especially for cosmetic dentistry. But I took the risk and boy did it pay off! Dr. Chee's extreme attention to detail, demanding only perfection from himself along with his easy-going and friendly personality made the entire process of getting porcelain veneers a walk-in-the-park. His staff are also very helpful and do everything they can to accommodate you. This team, whether you are coming in for a routine check-up, or like me, going for a complete smile makeover, Dr. Chee will change what you have known about dentists. He uses only the absolute latest in technology and procedures, explaining what he is doing and why he chose a certain method over another. He doesn't talk down to you but rather takes the time to make you understand and feel comfortable before proceeding. Outstanding dentist - great team! Dory Cameron

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I was not confident in the dentists in my local area, so I travelled from out of province to visit Dr. Chee at the Aesthetic Dental Studio. It was truly one of the best decisions I have ever made for my self-confidence and now I am smiling bigger than ever! From my initial consultation to my final result, Dr. Chee explained every option and detail with care, attention and knowledge. I felt comfortable and confident while in the chair at Aesthetic Dental Studio, plus, I got to enjoy Netflix! I don't have a single negative thing to say about Dr. Chee and the Aesthetic Dental Studio. If you are looking to enhance your smile in even the slightest, you have found the best place. I would recommend Dr. Chee to anyone in a heartbeat. Thank you to Dr. Chee and the Aesthetic Dental Studio! It was an absolute pleasure working with you.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

When I lost trust in my previous dentist I had a consultation with Dr. Chee. I felt comfortable right away. His office is clean and appears to have the latest technology. His front office staff are very professional and courteous. Dr. Chee himself is adorable (I hate to use that word for a grown man but it's the first word that comes to mind!) He has great chairside manner and a nice smile. He was incredibly patient and took the time to listen to all my concerns and answer all my questions. We discussed all the treatment options for my teeth including the risks and benefits of each. Not once did I feel rushed or pressured by Dr. Chee. His demeanor is very genuine and empathetic. I also noticed that the office has lots of photos of work he has completed for patients. I left my consultation feeling like I had all the information to make an informed decision. The service I received I felt was exceptional and I will be returning to Dr. Chee for my future dental needs.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

We were patients of Dr. Chee's for almost a year but have since moved to another office. Dr. Chee replaced 4 of my old fillings with new ones but since moving to the new dentist I have needed to have 3 of those teeth repaired but this time with root canals and crowns (which would not have been the case if they had been done properly). Very costly expense for us. The office is great and they are friendly but I need a dentist that will ensure my teeth are healthy and not just look good. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Gordon Chee

Dr. Gordon Chee's response
We are very sorry to hear that you have had issues with the treatment provided. Surely if they weren't properly done, the problem would have been corrected with properly done fillings rather than resorting to root canals and crowns. We definitely strive to provide the best materials, techniques and treatments available in dentistry today and would never let a patient go with what we felt weren't the best fillings possible and would have made follow up attempts to remedy the situation prior to treating with root canals and crowns. Keep in mind, as with any dental or medical procedure, we can carry out the same treatments on a thousand patients and invariably there are going to be those one or two patients that have complications. Many times, there are predisposing factors such as deep decay close to the nerve, microfractures present from grinding or clenching habits or from old existing amalgam fillings, sensitivity to bonding products, poor oral hygiene etc. that we may or may not be able to predict prior to the treatment. Rest assured our treatments address both health and functional needs as well as aesthetic needs and fillings are a basic routine treatment that we are certainly capable of and trained to provide. We wish you luck with your future dental care and hopefully, you have found the office that you works for you.

Submitted July 21, 2015

I'm never been a patient of Dr Chee, but I felt compelled to write a review which I rarely do! I was about to become a patient but then I have to move to Edmonton for work. Dr Chee gave me all the option about my circumstance and never forces me to anything (this is free consultation too and I didn't stop asking a lot of questions which he patiently answered. Thank you). I wish Calgary is so close so I can just do the work there as I'm having a hard time finding dentist here in Edmonton that has the same compassion as he is!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Great Team!!!Very Professional,kind and caring.Thanks Dr.Chee,Paula and Suzanne! HF

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr. Chee is AWESOME! He is so kind and gentle, and he takes the time to explain procedures and outcomes. He also takes the time to listen, which is very important to me. I didn't feel a thing when I had my filling, and he and his staff are very warm and welcoming. Paula, his assistant, is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Dr. Gordon Chee's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Chee completed his dental degree at the University of Alberta in 2000, and began practicing general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry in Vancouver. Originally from Lethbridge, he has now returned to Alberta, having joined the Aesthetic Dental Studio in February 2006. Dr. Chee believes in providing his patients a friendly and caring environment where they can feel at ease. As there are many services offered at Aesthetic Dental Studio in Calgary, Alberta, such as cosmetic treatment, dental implants, Invisalign orthodontics, dental crowns, porcelain veneers, dental bridges, neuromuscular treatment, and non-metal fillings, his goal is to make sure that you stay very well informed so that you can decide what services work best for you.

• English
  • Cantonese

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1996)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 2000)