Ratings for Dr. Sergey Rome

I came in with a slightly elevated PSA(5.2). He examined me, and then told me that I needed a biopsy "ASAP!" He did not entertain a discussion about retesting (original test not done by his office), or any conditions i may have had that could cause an elevated reading. He seems more interested in getting money from people. His demeanor is of somebody bored and disinterested. I canceled my biopsy and will not be returning.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I've been seeng Dr Rome for at least 3 years Although he seems knowledgable he always seems to be quick and anxious to do another test. Or move on to another patient. There is no small talk or privacy in the office. He and his staff are very cold , quick and clinical A visit there is as. Receptive as a visit to a NJ motor vehicle office .

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I am glad I did NOT continue with this Doctor. He used old psa number for prostrate so he wanted to give me biopsy.The number he was using was 18.2 That I was told by two other doctors was wrong because I recently had an urinary track infection which really elevated the number.I took new psa test with number now down to 1.4. He also scheduled me for 3 more consecutive visits each with different preparations.Since I was so nervous of the bad news at first,I had hard time concentrating.The doctor I felt lost his patience with me when I asked him to repeat what he said.In a rather rude tone he replied:"This is the third time I have explained it to you." Well too bad doc when you give a patient very bad news (of incorrect psa) of course they have hard time concentrating. BE MORE SYMPATHETIC !!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

I have a strong suspicion that Dr. Rome is punctual with is patients because he wants to see as many as possible in any given day - its all for the insurance. I agree with the many reviews posted here that he will not listen to you if your problem is out of the ordinary. He is too quick to apply "by the book" band-aide solutions without caring a hoot about whether they work in the long run. Its almost he prefers that they didn't work so he can continue to see you.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Rome has a robotic approach to things. He doesn't listen, nor is he interested in helping. There is no privacy in his office either. When he speaks the whole office can hear every patient's case or problem. Frankly, the guy is a theoretical tool (consistent with his appearance), with an impaired view on anything outside of his box. He is about quantity not quality!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

PLease ingore the negative reviews. He is THE only doctor I know who sees you on time. I showed up for my appointment and did not spend a minute in the waiting room. He ALWAYs knows my case, and he recalls the conversation from the last visit. That said, he is very efficient and does not waste my time on bs, he does not ask me about my family and does not initiate conversations outside of my medical condition, which is great b/c I dont need a therapist, I need a medical doctor. Most importantly, because Dr. Rome instisted on me having a biopsy, even though I did not want to, he was able to catch my prostate cancer early, and I had the surgery early and now I am fully healthy. He is extremely knowledgeble and b/c he convinced to have the procedure I didnt initially want, I am alive today

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Great doctor! Very detailed in explanations and expectations. Confident and projecting confidence. Staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Although he greets you by first name, for the first few minutes one feels like he really does not recall anything about you or your case. HE IS KNOWLEDGEABLE but doesn't listen and is much too quick and abrupt, frequently cutting you off when you try to explain your symptoms. Very difficult to establish a conversation; to ask questions; and much more difficult to get an answer or find alternative treatments. He SEEMS in a rush to get you out through the revolving door and greet the next “payee” by first name.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Comes across as someone knowlegeable but doesn't listen to what you have to say - Cuts you off when you try to explain your symptoms and therefore very quick and abrupt. However, seems to know his stuff. When you come in, you see a photo of him in the 201 magazine, top urologist in the metro aera, etc ... which reassures you a bit.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

I dont know how good Dr Rome is, but he seemed not very interested in hearing my whole concerns. He is very quick to suggest cystoscopy without trying other things.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

Dr. Sergey Rome's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Paramus, NJ