Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Woodbury

I had Dr. Woodbury growing up when I had acne issues and he always treated me well. I think for some other problems listen below, the patient could have underlying issues and the prescriptions might not have worked for them alone. Sometimes it is more about dietary changes as well and if those type of people failed to take into account their overall health, systemically, then they were not treating themselves with all the necessary provisions one has to make in order to make in order to make a recovery from acne issues. I now still see him as an adult and so does my family. He treated me for wrinkles and I recently got badly scratched and he gave me a prescription that helps the healing process that I notice dramatically as my prescription has evened out the area of skin in texture. Besides that I get treated for mild acne still and my prescriptions lotion prescriptions work great and so does my other prescription for lotion as I have many allergies regarding regular creams sold in pharmacies. I'm completely allergic to creams and have been prescribed Desonide lotion for my cream the last several years and it works awesome for my sensitive skin. Lastly, I would rate the bookings and punctuality top marks because they have a busy office and I get in next day. He also provides referrals locally when you have issues beyond the scope of dermatology, but still related to the skin, which is nice of him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

If you're seeking treatment for acne, do NOT see Dr. Woodbury. During the 5+ years I was his patient, my acne only got worse. He failed to recognize the severity of my acne and prescribed me the same ineffective topical treatments and oral antibiotics over and over, even though they didn't work the first time around. He barely spent any time with me during appointments and I have doubts about whether he actually viewed my charts and records beforehand. Many of the cortisone shots he gave me left scars, which indicates that might not have been properly administered. I started seeing a new dermatologist a month ago and she immediately put me on Accutane, saying she was shocked my old derm never suggested it. I might end up with permanent acne scarring on my face because I wasted so much time with Dr. Woodbury. Bottom line: find another doctor for acne!!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

While you can always get an appointment and he is always on time, beware using Dr. Woodbury for anything other than a routine skin check or rash. Do not allow him to perform any cutting on your body, as he is not skilled with a scalpel or with stitching. He removed a cyst from my back (which I later found out could have been drained instead of cutting, but he never presented me with that option) and told me I would have "a couple stitches" and "a small scar line." 10 stitches (including internal stitches because he cut me so deeply) and a long, bumpy 3 inch scar later, I am hoping to help others avoid the mistake I made. Dr. Woodbury did not give me all of the information necessary to make a good medical decision and he misrepresented what the surgery would entail and what the repercussions would be. I hear he is an excellent doctor for checking for melanomas and such, but based on my experience, he is not to be trusted with surgeries.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

great doctor, i couldnt find a better doctor somewhere else. hes so quick and painless at his job.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

He does not have good bedside manner and he is not very thorough, two things you would look for in a doctor. He barely examined me and then did a terrible job removing a mole on my stomach, which the mole has now grown back. Very odd person. Would NOT recommend as he is too nonchalant.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

The staff talks about their personal problems, the receptionist is unfreiendly and I don't think the doctor knows my name, even though I've seen him several times. Does he know his medicine? YES, but as far as showing care or concern -- he's tough to read--Take a number, he'll remember that easily.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

This is a no fuss, awesome place. Dr. Woodbury knew I had a staph infection on my leg without even having to go near it, and he will frequently let me come in for a last minute cortisol shot in moments of desperation.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

Worst doctors office ever. They always get prescriptions wrong and are not helpful and with correcting their mistakes.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

We have had multiple visits this summer 2011 on a series of issues for my three boys. While Dr. Woodbury is speedy, I did ask all the questions I needed (and I ask a lot) and he did answer them all. I found the staff helpful and friendly and did think the offices were tidy. (referencing the first review I read which was in 2007). So after 5 visits, I would say so far so good.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Wait time: 60 min.!!!! Office staff: OK; not overly friendly, not grouchy either. Office cleanliness: NOT AT ALL! It needs some tidying up for one! You will go through their work area to go to the examination room. You will see that their supply room is a mound of chaos and mess along side a microwave and pizza boxes. There were at least 6 girls working there at my visit, so there should be enough help. Why the mess??? Can't believe that the doc. is letting it slide by. Doctor: No, he's not a friendly, smiley kind of a guy, but he does what he is there to do. Some people might not like it, but I like that better than doctors who are overly friendly and chatty-catty who waste my time. He prescribed some kind of cream for my rash - will see if I'm healed. Then I might recommend the doc., but NOT in THAT messy, dirty, chaotic office!!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Robert A. Woodbury's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Riverside, CT