Ratings for Dr. Douglas S. Scherr

Absolutely horrific office staff (they don't return calls, they get angry if you call them when they don't respond) and painful (psychological) bedside manner of Dr Scherr. Impossible to reach Dr Scherr when you need him. Find another physician and you will be much happier.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Dr. Scherr might be the best of the best but when it comes to patient interactions he was very cold an rude. His assistant Ana Kowerska, hands down one of the rudest and racist woman I've ever encountered. Made me feel as if she was disgusted to work with me because I was a Hispanic woman. Would I ever recommend these two as your doctor? Never! Please take the time to look for another doctor. The worst part is when I went to Cornell the expectation was I would be dealing with the best. And unfortunately with this experience it was the worst.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I highly recommend Dr Scherr! I was diagnosed with localized prostate cancer in 2009, at the age of 42. Thanks to his skilled hands I'm still here and cancer free 3 years later. He's very knowledgeable and has thoroughly educated me on prostate cancer. He's the best!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

very long wait times always. Hare to reach him in between visits. Rare to get a call back.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

I consulted Dr. Scherr after an unacceptable evaluation by another urologist, i.e., I was not comfortable with both the treatment and the evaluation of the first physician I consulted. Dr. Scherr , to whom I am eternally grateful did a very thorough exam, recommended surgery and removed a tumor from my bladder which the first doctor missed completely (R. Ernest Sosa MD). I am extremely happy that I trusted my instincts and found Dr. Scherr.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Scherr is absolutely the best in his field,very knowledgeable and explains which procedures and options you may have for a condition. He is the cream of the crop, anyone who seeks his care should feel confident with his statements of advice.He is only available on Tuesdays, the rest of the week he is in the operating room! The best surgeon...experience makes perfect!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Terrible, rude staff. Doctor more than an hour late. Did not review records prior to our appointment for a second opinion. Will never, ever return.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

Dr. Douglas S. Scherr's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)