Ratings for Dr. David Engelberg

I waited more than 30 min and never had the chance to meet him, I had to reschedule. he is booking too many people and always always late no regards for people time

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

As I write this review I am looking out from my condo and thinking of everything that I would be missing from my friends, my family and yes even my kitten because if it wasn't for David I would not be here to enjoy any of them. David helped me through a very, very difficult time in my life. A diagnosis of Major Depressive Disorder and Suicidal Ideations had brought me to my knees. David did everything in his professional powers to make sure that I received the treatment that I needed. He went as far as giving me his cell phone number in case I was in a crisis situation during my recovery. Over the last two years he has been instrumental in getting me back to a state of mind that is filled with hope instead of despair. He is quite simply the most caring, sympathetic and empathetic doctor I could have been blessed to have. Count yourself lucky if you have this man as your GP. I will make sure that the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario hears my story and acknowledges the difference he has made in my life.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr Engelberg is the only doctor that I know that takes his time to listen to my concerns. He always makes sure that you get the best care by being so proactive in his follow-up. I had to the ER 2 days ago and today I already got a call from his staff to ask me to book an appointment with Dr engelberg to talk about what is happening with my health. He is great

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr Engelberg found melanoma on my back during a routine examination. This was less than a year after seeing a dermatologist that said nothing about the mole. Yes he is busy but I think most good doctors usually are - be patient.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I have to wait very long time (from 30min up to 1 hour) to see this doctor even when I have booked an appointment with him. When I want to see him, he is always so booked that I have to wait at least 2-3 weeks to see him. Maybe he shouldn't see such a big number of patients. He wouldn't even see me for 5min to provide me with a refill of prescription, he sends me to the walk in clinic. I have been sick and I haven't been able to see him within a week because he is fully booked so I have had to go to the walk in clinic for that too. Why do I need such doctor if I have to constantly go to the walk in clinic?

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr Engelberg is a wonderful doctor. He's thorough, detailed, knowledgeable and caring. He's also acknowledges quickly when a specialist is required. His staff are also extremely professional and efficient.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

He inherited me as a patient by chance after my doctor suddenly left the clinic. I hadn't seen my previous doctor in 3 years because I was so unhappy with his approach, so I had a number of issues to present to him. He was patient and attentive and always pleasant and generous with providing information. He will go out of his way to accommodate and help. He is also very friendly and a genuinely nice person.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Finding Dr. Engleberg has been absolutely life changing for me. He has helped me identify areas where my health was lacking that were previously unknown to me and worked with me to steadily achieve the best health possible. He is caring, empathetic and supporting. He listens to my concerns without passing judgement and I feel very empowered to take control of my own health in his care, as opposed to being dictated to. He always is an absolute professional and is very respectful of my time.. The only time he was running slightly behind schedule he was very apologetic. I would recommend Dr. Engleberg to anyone without a moments hesitation.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

The one most important thing for me is that Dr. Engelberg cares for the welfare of the whole family, not just the patient he sees that day. He will address any concerns we have at any point and is very thorough in his investigations. He goes out of his way to help when possible and is very reassuring. He also makes calculated decisions for the benefit of the patient, e.g. to explain potential complications even when other doctors quickly send you to more and more risky procedures just to tick the box. I was very impressed when a specialist wanted me to do a very invasive procedure before she agreed to see me and Dr. Angleberg was very adamant there is a high risk in this procedure and there was no need for it at that point. When he explained the risks I was shocked and horrified the specialist did not discuss these with me.. but how could she?! she refused to see me unless I did the test first! As it turned out my symptoms went away soon after and I am very grateful he intervened.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

i've a bit of doctor anxiety (or is that phobia?), but if i had to see a doctor, it'd be dr. engelberg. he's thoughtful and smart as a whip.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014