Ratings for Dr. Nia Shell

I agree that she was a horrible doctor to encounter. No eye contact, distant, noncaring, lecturing about my belief in the biochemical cause of depression. I felt attacked for my views, and definitely condescended to, though I am literate and educated, especially about my own conditions. She is about 64 and I am 60...she treated me like a silly child. I has an immediate disliking toward her but stayed for the hour to be sure...she is entirely holistic treatment based, and prescribes reluctantly...why be a medical doctor, then? I never went back. She was horrible. And she did not check the formulary to see if the med she did prescribe would be covered...it was not. Do not expect help from this incompetent woman.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Shell is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever encountered. I agree she will never make eye contact with you and never wants to here a parents view about their children.... when I as a concerned challenged her decision about my daughter she stated "God tells me what to do for you daughter" how do you know my religious beliefs. The huzzy walked completely out of the meeting...... SHE IS THE ALL TIME WORST

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Could be very good for patients interested in holistic medicine. Believes acupuncture and therapy are more effective treatments for depression than medication. Because I am not interested in holistic medicine, I got a long lecture about why I was "unenlightened." I saw her twice and felt very frustrated both times. We clashed in our beliefs and that made her ineffective for me. (I saw her because I was referred to her when my previous psychiatrist (Dr. Karen Alleyne) left the Way Station; Dr. Shell also is leaving.)

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Spec in Child and Adolechent psyciatry but sees adults too. Worst medical professional I have seen. Makes little eye contact, knows more about how you feel than you do, prescribed meds that will make you worse off but will feed her perks from the drug companies. Talks to you like you are a child, grumpy, nasty, indifferent to how you feel about her. Treats you like you are dumb and passive. Doesnt sound like I liked her does it?

flag | Submitted November 23, 2008