Ratings for Dr. John Burke

Always makes you feel heard and not rushed. Kind man, and very genuine.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

He's genuine, knowledgeable, and very professional. Friendly face and personality.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE dr Burke. Always so considerate and helpful

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Burke is a hard working, caring professional who has tried to shoulder a heavy share of the load caused by a shortage of doctors in our area. As a result he is so busy that it is very difficult to get adequate time to solve all problems in one visit. He is an excellent doctor in the emergency department of our local hospital

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I have had dr burke for over 25 years, and when my wife needed a dr he got a new patient

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Burke is a kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, doctor. He has been by doctor for over 12 years.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Lorna always greets you with a smile, always pleasant and helpful. She is a remarkably kind member of the staff. Love her! Today, sadly she wasn't working, not a great experience! Bonnie however will greet you with a smile, a grunt or a scowl. Not always nice to deal with her! Dr. Burke may not always be on time, or rarely is but more than worth the wait. Kind, caring and compassionate doctor that knows his stuff. Always goes the extra mile for his patients! If he is your doctor, you can consider yourself lucky!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I have been going to doctor Burke for over 20 years now, and although my problems have been great at times I always felt like he was quick to prescribe medications without going through other channels first such as ultra sound, x-ray, blood work, etc... by the time I was 20 I was out of Winchester and moved to Ottawa but my problems didn't end there. I have dealt with Anxiety and Depression for years, and I have come to terms with the fact that medication just does not work well for me after trying probably over 20 different types of medication and no im not over exaggerating we continued to try new things because why not right? The final straw was when I was told I should consider taking a medication for Bi-polar disorder, not to say I have that but to say that this might help. IT DIDN'T I was so sick for days, my heart was beating so hard I thought I was having a heart attack, I couldnt keep food down for a number of days, and I had to take time off work. So now I am older, and experience severe abdominal pain I have done the blood work, urine test, x-ray, ultra-sound, been given many medications told I have a broken/fractured rib, gastro problems, kidney infection, all the doctors said the same thing see you family doctor so when I finally went to doctor burke and explained I have lost over 40 pounds, and I am in extreme pain. His response was well I think this is more mental, and prescribed me Abilify once again. Which caused a even worse reaction, and I lost another 10 pounds. When I contacted the office I was told he was out, and would get in touch with me. Now three weeks later, I still sit here and pain and have not received a phone call or even a email suggesting what to do next. I just have to say I have never been treated so poorly, and its time to find a new doctor who has the time to help his clients.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

We love doctor Burke. He's been my doctor for 20+ years and now he's my children's doctor. He truly cares about all of his patients. Although some days he seems rushed or you wait an hour past your appointment time he WILL ALWAYS make sure that when you need a shoulder to cry on and ears to listen he is there. He is a bust doctor because he is good. I'm going to miss him when I move out of province.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Staff is rude and ignorant...takes them forever to give the Dr Amy documents and it's virtually impossible sometimes to even get through for an appointment and they've forgot me sitting in the waiting room for 45 mins before finally realizing I was there

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016