Ratings for Dr. Daksha Patel

I presented myself with the following symptoms 1) fever of 102 for 4 days, 2) Extreme headache, 3) Mild cough 4) weakness and lathargic. She met me asked me how I was, i told her terrible. She looked at me and asked f I ever had a migrain, yes I replied. She checked my breathing and then dismissed me saying I was not sick but only had a migrain. She didn't take my temp, did check my throat or perform a culture, she didn't check my ears. She even told me to get the flu shot and that she could administer it that same night. I was in shock so I left. This doctor doesn't seem to care about the patient and doesn't listen to their complaints

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

I have to agree with most writers - I find the staff to be unfriendly and unwelcoming. During a visit with Dr. Patel she got very impatient with me because I could not raise my arm without being in extreme pain (which was the reason I was there). She just said impatiently, "well, I can't examine you if you can't even raise your arm. You'd better go to the emergency department". I felt like she was scolding me as if I was a child. It was terrible. I don't think I've ever met a doctor with such awful behaviour towards a patient.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

She does not have knowledge and exaggerates while talking about the medical condition. Found her very unprofessional in her approach.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

Dr doesn't bring your chart when you visit. You have to tell story everytime as if you are meeting new doctor. Doesn't give clear instruction. Staff is very rude.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I was going for a TB test, and was told by this Dr. Patel that I couldn't get a TB test because I was pregnant. After my boyfriend called the Ministry of Health, they confirmed that a TB test can be performed even when Pregnant. I scheduled the test with another doctor and all went well. At a follow-up exam, Dr. Patel gave me heck saying "I'm your family doctor and you have no business getting tested by another doctor and made me feel like crap." I agree, she doesn't show compassion. If there was another doctor accepting patients, I would change a.s.a.p.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

She is very rude doctor. I think she is having some kind of family problms or perhaps she is suffering from depression.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

I was a patient of this clinic for 6 years, I like the doctors at this clinic but... today I was amazed by Heather, she is the girl at the desk. She acted all bossy showing her tatoo on a wrist and made me very angry, angry enough to wright this. I belive that nice stuff in a reception is a must.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I've been to see Dr Patel a few times with my family when I couldn't get to my own doctor. I walked in with a sore leg, unsure what what going on... she said that I had a blood clot... she called the hospital to let them know I was coming because she said the clot was in a major vein that goes straight to the heart. I got to the hospital and they gave me an ultrasound right away and found that she was right! She diagnosed me just by looking and touching the area... I was very impressed and have been going to see her ever since! I have never had an issue with rudeness or impatience. And if she did cut me off, it was to finish my sentence cause she knew exactly what was wrong. And she always made my daughter feel comfortable cause she hates doctors offices :)

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

I think Dr. Patel is great., I've been going to her for 10 years and have nothing negative to say. I find it interesting that all the poor reviews written by her are by people who can't spell or form a proper sentence.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

I got the flu a week ago. I wanted to go to the walk-in clinic by my house. I got home and called to see if they were taking walk-ins tonight as sometimes they don't have a doctor accepting walk-ins. The woman I spoke to said that they w...ere and told me to come over. I hung up the phone and left. I walked over there (20 minutes). The woman I spoke to on the phone said that they weren't taking any more patients for the night. I told her that I called 20 minutes prior and she told me to come over. Her response was "we open again tomorrow at 8:30am. I asked if she could speak to the doctor about taking just one more and she said "no" and that was the end of it.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011