Ratings for Dr. John T. Smith

My son broke his arm on a Monday and we immediately took him to our primary care physician who said he doesn't set children's bones. He called Primary Children's and they set an appointment with him for the following Wednesday. When we went to the appointment, the first thing he did when he entered the room was belittle our physician's work with the splint. Next, he told me, "I could put your son's arm in a cast and hope it would turn out straight..." to which I asked, "so what should we do?" and he said, "you should have brought him to the ER right away to get real medical attention," implying that my wife and myself were bad parents for not bringing our son the day he was injured. Again, we asked, "well, what should we do?" To which he answered, " the right thing to do would be to take him to the ER and set the arm." I have never been so disrespected by another human being in my life. I was (and still am) furious. NEVER TAKE A CHILD TO THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Very good. He was calm and reverent when he told me my spinal condition had worsened. He gave me all of the info, his advice, and then waited for me to make the call.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

Dr. John T. Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Gainesville Fl 32610 (Grad. 1981)