Ratings for Dr. Hope M. Barros

i was new in the city and searched for a dentist online and saw their site on both google and yahoo. i called to make an appointment and the staff answered amiably. this was reflected when i went on my first visit, and consequent sessions. they never fail to give good quality service. they help out patients by doing the verifications with my insurance provider. what more, the doctors educated me with my dental case, giving me a full understanding of my dental problem and how to improve my dental management. my son also loves the toys they give after his visits...i will not hesitate to refer them to my friends and family because of their service, it's a"patient-satisfaction" guaranteed!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

This "family" dentistry just wants your MONEY. My spouse and I went here on a whim after visiting their website because it was close to where we live. WHAT A MISTAKE. The staff was very persistent that we start treatment right away. They informed me that i have 7 cavities, when ive never had a cavity in my life, and when i said i wanted a second opinion, they continually pressured me to begin treatment that day w/ them (although i repeated that i did not have enough money to start) and kept asking me why i needed a second opinion. It seemed that they took way more x rays than necessary (over 12 sheets) and when I asked them to release me a copy of the x rays so i can get my second opinion they told me it would cost me 100 dollars for me and my spouse just for the copies! (most copies at other dentristies are no more than 10 dollars). DO NOT go to this dentistry. Because of them i have to wait until January to see another dentist because i refuse to pay their ridiculuos charges.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008