Ratings for Dr. Mark J. Stumacher

Terrible manner, spends no time with patients!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Diagnosed wrong and spent hardly any time at initial visit.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Lucky jerk I could have your clients turn on you former well you and Sean Prichard were and always will be jerks attention sls sls sls sls sls sls failed

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

The single best physician of any specialty I have ever had. Dr.Stumacher has, and will continue to have, a life changing effect that touches on all aspects of my health and well being. He is open, honest, caring, HUMAN, down to earth, forthright, conscientious, easy to work with and to contact. He is endlessly willing to listen and be open to a patient's thoughts, opinions, research, questions, etc. and never "blows you off" or makes you feel unheard. You are never in my experience either rushed or kept waiting. There is no "god complex" to get past and his opinion is not the only one he's willing to hear. He is incredibly practical and fair and understands the subtle nuances of complex problems and relationships. Regardless of what you bring to the table, or how complex the dynamics of the scenario are, he can weather the storm with you and you will never feel alone with your struggles again. Remember! Psychiatry is chemistry on many levels! You have to find somebody you get a long with, who understands you and you feel "sees" you. You can only get the most out of and psychiatric or psychological treatment if you are as open to the experience as is possible for you at the time. But, if there is any psychiatrist/psychotherapist who can help you when you open up, it is absolutely Dr.Stumacher.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I saw some negative reviews pointing out bedside manner and that he was difficult to work with. I had a three o'clock appointment I arrived at 2:30. He welcomed me in at 2:45. We discussed treatment options. Once we selected the proper medication for me he contacted my insurance carrier on the phone. He spent two hours trying to get everything set up for me. He went above and beyond. I have never seen any doctor do that. He wanted to make sure that I was taken care of. He had many opportunities to hang up the phone and give up; but he did not. In many cases having both his cell phone in one ear and the land line in the other. I am very glad that I met this doctor and I wanted others to know of my great visitation. As a business owner I know how hard it is to get positive reviews out on the web. So when I receive good service I always mention it to others.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

I am a clinician, and in my dealings with Dr. Stumacher (5+ years), I have found him to be conscientious, direct, very accessible, and extremely knowledgeable. I refer clients to him and I do not have to worry about him not being caring (which has happened with some other psychiatrists I have worked with). Well rounded psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Stumacher took care of my wife in his private practice for almost ten years. He is a wonderful psychiatrist and prescribed medicine in the proper doses and even took my wife off of some of the medicines other doctors prescribed. His kind and gentle manner made my shy wife feel at ease and she always enjoyed her appointments. He also helped when the hospital wanted to have my wife stop Cymbalta for three days. Dr. Stumacher called the manufacturer and verified that the medicine could be ground and put in apple sauce so she could take it even after surgery. I would highly recommend his services!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

This man is currently also working at Putnam Family & Community Services in Carmel, NY. Until I found this website I thought I was alone in my feelings towards him. He has no business dealing with people with mental health problems. I have left his office there in tears more than a few times, and not happy tears. Fortunately I've been to many reputable docs over the years so I knew he was a quack the first time I met him. Unfortunately I'm stuck with him until they fire him or he loses his license. I'm shocked he was even hired there since until his arrival I had nothing but good things to say about my experiences at Putnam Family. Now I leave there feeling even more depressed. Plain and simple he's just mean and arrogant with a side of clueless when it comes to compassion. What I worry about are those seeking help for the first time. Avoid this man.

Submitted October 15, 2009

This doctor works for Supervised Lifestyles Inc. in Brewster, NY and Carmel, NY. He prescribed me medications in dosages that did not exist - resulting in drives to the pharmacy only to have to turn around and go back for a new script. He would fill scripts of mine even when they were discontinued so he could give them to other patients via SLS Health/SLS Residential. He is an uneducated doctor when it comes to treating the mentally ill and will only prescribe you with medication if a therapist is with him to DICTATE what medication you need! Overall a completely absurd level of care. BEWARE!

Submitted August 23, 2009

This doctor is affiliated with SLS (Supervised LifeStyles), located in Brewster, NY. This is where I was "treated" by Dr. Stumacher - in their MultiCare facility. SLS is fighting a license revocation with the Office of Mental Health for numerous legal violations, and is the subject of a $220 million class-action lawsuit (which I am admittedly part of). I had a horrible experience with Dr. Stumacher which is in the process of being exposed through the proper legal avenues. I suggest prospective patients research the investigations into SLS before visiting this doctor.

Submitted October 18, 2008

Dr. Mark J. Stumacher's Credentials

• Shiraz Univ Of Med Sci, Shiraz, Iran (Grad. 1975)