Ratings for Dr. Roland Beaulieu

We started seeing Dr. B a little over two years ago. We found out our son had a murmur at his one month check up with our family Doctor. We were referred to Dr. B and we are so thankful to have him as our sons Cardiologist. Our son was diagnosed with Tetrology of Fallot. Dr. B has explained everything in a way that we could understand. Our son ended up having open-heart surgury at 5 months old and Dr. B has been amazing throughout everything. Our son is now a very energentic 2 year old and we don't think we would be here without Dr. B.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Beaulieu is a wonderful, compassionate and knowledgeable individual. He truly has a passion for what he does. I have known him now for almost 30 years. He diagnosed my son at birth and did all that was needed to confirm his diagnosis and make sure he was in the best hands. He again took care of my third child when she was diagnosed at birth with MPVS. Not as severe as my son. His level of care was outstanding to ensure she was progressing well. My children are now adults and to this day, they speak of Dr. Beaulieu as being the best doctor. His care for my children I could never repay. He truly cares. Even to this day if I call he is always willing to answer my questions or direct me to who can. Thank you Dr. Beaulieu for your excellent care over the past years.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Compassionate man and so understanding. He understands that we can't wrap our children in bubble wrap. A happy heart is profoundly important. He's always available for questions. Amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

We were referred by my gyno since the baby was in a difficult position and we weren't able to see the heart during the anatomy scan. His staff got us in the next day and he was on time, punctual and extremely knowledgeable. We didn't get good news sadly, however, his level of professionalism and honesty in all aspects did help the situation. Highly recommend him for any doubts..he is ranked in the top for a reason!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

We were referred by Lakeridge Oshawa Paedatrics to Dr Beaulieu for a heart murmur that was found in our newborn. After sitting with him, he made us feel so much better and he carefully explained everything in ways we could understand as we are not medically trained people. We are so happy to have had the pleasure to meet him, he took us in right away...we saw him one month after our son was born. Great doctor all around. Thanks so much Dr. B

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

One word...AMAZING in every way! Does not rush you. Is great with my son. Explains everything so you can actually understand. Very thorough. Just a great Doctor!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Wow! What a wonderful physician and what a wonderful human being! Dr. Beaulieu is absoloutely terrific. He saw my child last week. He immediately made my husband, myself and my daughter comfortable with his judicious use of communication. He obviously has a passion for his area of expertise which is paediatric cardiology. I have become judgemental and jaded by our current Canadian healthcare system which has become substandard. The Dr. B's of this world, remind me of the excellent healthcare system Canada used to have when I was growing up (1970's & 80's). If your teen or child is like mine and is lucky enough to have Dr. B assess them, you will not be disappointed. The NYGH has gone up in my estimation because they have been able to secure a physician of Dr. B's calibre. Personally, I wish Dr. B had an office at the Sick Kids Hospital or St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto. It would be much more convenient.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Been my doctor for 13 years really amazing and smart

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Although I was not seen by Dr. Beaulieu, I was VERY appreciative of his staff and all of previous reviews. After two unclear ultrasounds, I was referred to a pediatric cardiologist to have my baby's heart looked at. Like most pregnant mothers, I felt anxious and concerned and did not know what I could expect. Luckily, there was only a two day wait period to see a doctor. Immediately upon meeting Dr. Selvi, I felt at ease. She was kind and thorough. She drew pictures of the heart and explained the original reports in detail. She explained what part of the heart needed to be further investigated. The technician was also very nice and efficient. While she was reviewing the heart, Dr. Selvi provided details about what was being looked at. I really appreciated all of the open communication because I never felt as though I was out of the loop or that there were any grey areas. All professionals working at the office made me feel as though I could ask and or mention any questions or concerns. While I was in my appointment, I had a dizzy spell (nearly fainted) due to low blood sugar. Dr. Beaulieu’s wife, the technician and Dr. Selvi took VERY GOOD CARE of me! They rushed to get me an icepack, cold water, a protein bar and even a glass of juice. I felt so embarrassed but the staff’s care, concern and advice/ability to help, made me feel SO MUCH better! Their professionalism and expertise in all areas was evident from the beginning to the very end of the appointment (even in times of crisis haha). I insisted on paying for my juice/snacks and they did not accept my offer. I could not have asked for a better experience and I am SO HAPPY to know that there are offices that can make patients feel good regardless of how stressful some medical situations may feel. THANK YOU SO MUCH ONCE AGAIN!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Excellent doctor!!! Highly recommend him! There are no words to describe how great this doctor is! And thank you to all who rated him, it was super helpful and he does definitely like his drawings and diagrams!!! But this man knows his stuff and his ultra sound tech is wonderful! She is very explanitory and insightful, she was super and so was he!! Fantastic doctor and staff!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016