Ratings for Dr. Robin G. Berglund

Controlling psycho who doesn't have any business in this profession. The Hippocratic oath contains the promise to do no harm. RUN AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE MAN. His license should be revoked.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Without a doubt every criticism of Dr. Berglund is accurate.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Rude creep, don't go to him even if he's the only available psychiatrist you can find for the whole month since you will undoubtedly leave his office feeling worse than you did prior to going in, the other reviews give all the evidence needed for this!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I fear for the health, safety, and well-being of this man's patients. I met with him for the first and LAST time today. I knew he was a crappy doctor from the start of our conversation. I know there's a BIG problem if he can't even keep up with writing down my 3 medications. Seriously? I'm going too fast for you??? It's not rocket science to write down a list of 3 meds that you regularly prescribe. Well, after 5 minutes (YES, 5 WHOLE MINUTES for 3 medications), we get to the next topic about things that are stressors in my life right now. After 3 minutes he's already planning how he's going to change all of my medication around. Wait! WHAT???!!! Dude, you've only been talking with me for 8 minutes and you want to change my whole treatment plan? This is a recipe for DISASTER!!!!! I'm finally getting back on my feet from years of one crisis after the next and you want to undo all of my hard work? It looks like you're the crazy one here! I bluntly interrupted him and told him that I wasn't going to waste any more of my time. I got up and practically ran away! He needs to review his Hippocratic oath...first do no harm! This guy is a QUACK!!!!! I do NOT recommend wasting your time or jeopardizing your health and safety with this "doctor".

Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Berguland treated me for three years in the early-mid aughts, and the best I can say is that he was quick to prescribe the klonopin. At worst, he was (as others have said) very condescending and aloof. Dr. Berglund is only interested in hearing about your life and situation in the first session (perhaps the second), but beyond that, he's there to sit down with you for 15 mins, take your check and write you a prescription. Occasionally he'll chime in to assess blame, but mostly check (ca-ching!) and meds. That's it. When I felt my anxiety was under control and I no longer needed medication, I asked to wean. He said no. So he was VERY upset with me I weaned on my own. (Honestly, who do I think I am, controlling my own body? Because clearly - to him - having anxiety meant that I was incapable of making choices or taking initiative when it came to my health.) For the record, it's been 7 years, and since self-weaning I have never needed another antidepressant. No thanks to Dr. B.

Submitted May 24, 2013

I went to Dr Berglund for about a year and was not satisfied with him. His bedside manner leaves much to be desired - he's condescending and rude, and I felt he lacked real compassion. I suspect he's in it for the money. I would not recommend him. Of course, this is just MY opinion. Perhaps others may feel differently about this doctor.

Submitted November 29, 2012

I had a horrible experience with this doctor. Dr. Berglund is very condescending and unprofessional. He made a thorough diagnoses and prescribed my child medication after only asking 3 - 5 questions about her mental health history. Also, I made the fatal mistake of missing my second appointment, and the doctor charged me $135.00 dollars for missing the appointment. Plus, he charged another $75.00 dollars late fee and put me into collections for not paying within 30 days of receiving the notice. This doctor is a nightmare, and he should not be aloud to practice as a mental health provider.

Submitted February 17, 2011

This doctor is very condesending, extremely inconsiderate. He's there to make money. On one ocassion I needed imediate asisstance do to severe axxiety and he refused to see me (by law he must see you or refer you to another specialist When I told him this he said "Go to the emergency room" I would never recommend this doctor to anyone he is extremely unprofessional and very inconsiderate.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

Dr. Robin G. Berglund's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1995)

AARP