Ratings for Dr. Jerry Sue-Chue-Lam

I went to ER with extreme pain from a hernia. Dr. Sue agreed to see me right away. Explained everything about surgery. He was able to get me in for surgery very quickly. All the staff including OR nurses were great. So grateful for the quick professional help.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

My husband and i saw Dr.Su today for some test results. After 7 weeks of rectum bleeding. We were informed that he had no answer for us. Dr.Su was very rude , horrible bedside manners and treated us like we were wasting his time. When my husband told him his back side hurt Dr.Su told him to go buy baby bum cream and use it instead of complaining. After giving us a cancer scare less then two weeks ago as a diagnoses he now knows nothing. Horrible doctor.

Submitted March 6, 2014

I went to the hospital with pain in my lower right quadrant. The doctor on call diagnosed me as having appendicitis, I was told I would be having surgery shortly. Dr. Sue chue Lam was the surgeon and if it wasnt for him I wouldnt be here. Plan and simple. His work was cut out for him when a simple surgery turned into much bigger after having to remove a section of my bowel due to a mass in my appendix. His work is very neat and my scare is nothing like the one I had for my hysterectomy. After 20 staples and my life still I owe a lot to Dr. Sue Chue Lamb and his staff of nurses.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Sue is extremely arrogant, has no bedside-manner, and has no problem dissing other surgeons who have worked in the hospital in the past. And if you have any fears, real or perceived ie. needles, dont be surprised when he asks you, "have you seen a psychiatrist?" I have no trust in him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

My husband attended Dr. Sue Chue Lam's office to discuss a Neurologist's report that indicated he had carpel tunnel in both arms. Dr. Lam indicated that he could not read the report as it was badly formatted. He then said that "he would just have to take his (the Neurologist's)word for it" and would schedule the surgery. Fortunately, we got a referral to a major hospital in Toronto and the Neurologist there ordered an MRI which revealed carpel tunnel was not the issue. He has herniated discs, bone spurs and Spinal Synosis pressing on his Spinal Cord. Dr. Lam was prepared to do this unnecessary surgery even thought he couldn't read the Neurologist's report. My advise if you are referred to the man get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

His somber mood and arrogance could be tolerated if he was able to restore in me confidence in his abilities..and I assure the readers that will never happen.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

My experience was one of complete satisfaction. He wondered why I wanted a colonoscopy because I was only in my 40's. When I explained to him that bowel cancer was in my family and I wanted it done only as a perventative measure he was impressed. He said most people are very anxious about the procedure and would never want it done unless it was necessary. I received a clear scan and I am sceduled to go back in 5 years. I found him professional and he came to my recovery bedside and gave me my results himself. He even had a sense of humour and made me feel completely at ease.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Sue-Shue-Lam had very poor bedside manner. He made me feel like my problem was all in my head. I left crying. He really did a number on my self esteem. I have pain under my right rib and I now think it is a muscle problem. It is very painful and very real. My GP had sent me to Dr. Sue-Shue-Lam because he thought it might be a tear in my abdominal wall. Dr. Sue-Shue-Lam was actually mad at me because I did not have a tear. He said that the CT scan was clear so basically, what was I doing there? He was very rude and did not care about me at all. He tried to find things in my file so that he could say that I was just a "complainer" or "hypochondriac". I felt like I was on the defence right from the moment I walked in the door. I will never go back to him again, nor would I want my family to either. I cried for two days.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008