Ratings for Dr. SWAID N. Swaid

Dr. Swaid successfully removed my huge pituitary tumor which was pressing on my optic nerves to the point I was almost completely blind. Within the first few minutes of our first meeting, I was comforted and reassured by his warm demeanor and comprehensive explaination of my diagnosis and the treatment plan. I left his office feeling assured that I was in good hands, and I was right to feel so. With the help of his extremely accommodating and pleasant assistant, Jessica, we were guided flawlessly through the surgery preparatory tests and logistics. And two days after, I awoke in recovery , with my vision fully returned . Dr. Swaid visited my hospital room several times in my short two night stay. I recommend him highly for anyone needing neurological surgery.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Dr. Swaid did not take the time to evaluate my girlfriend properly. He was in and out of the room too quick for us to even ask questions. His "nurse" Amanda is one of the most unprofessional and hateful person I have ever met. She has no clue what true nursing is all about. He was referred to me by another doctor. That doctor has since apologized to me and promised he would never refer to him again because of the so many complaints.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I agree with one of the patients comments below. It didn't seem like he cared enough after waiting almost a hour he came in with his physician assistant spoke with me a minute sent me to Vestavia MRI Which there findings didn't come close to the other two MRI that Brookwood hospital had administered. Got a call to do physical therapy. I am now in more pain than ever thank God I found another doctor that is about to do the nessary surgery.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. said removed disc in neck back in 1998, disc above the fusion now was bad.Saw him on a Tue he had me in a surgery done on neck the following Tue. To give me time to come off meds. That would cause bleeding. Ellcellent Dr/ surgeon. Recovering now.Got me out of hospital next day before I could catch hospital infections.fantastic.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr Swaid performed surgery 5 years ago and since that time I have continued to have problems. I recently went to him because the pain in my leg was unbearable. After waiting for almost 2 hours, he spent less than 5 minutes with me. He ordered EMG and nerve velocity studies which were abnormal, yet his office called and said a further appointment was not necessary. I feel like I wasn't my time with two trips to Birmingham to see him and have testing done. He doesn't seem to care about his patients at all. He offered 2 weeks of physical therapy, nothing else....

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr swaid removed 4 diisc from my neck in july 05 and it was the best thing i have had done. I have had lower back problems however he said lets wait until you can not stand the pain any more that time has came and I cant wait to see him and rid my pains he is the best and would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

i remember when i was a nurse and this doctor came in a nd sat with a patient with a closed head trauma.dr swaid sat at the patient's bedside and checked neuro checks every 10 minutes himself. now ,mind you,this was in the middle of the night.i have never seen another doctor do that before or since.and this was many years ago.he is brilliant and devoted to his patients.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

I was plesantly surprised to find Dr. Swaid a very attentive and caring physician. He took time to answer my questions and address my concerns. His assistant is also very nice and always returns my calls right away. I think it helped that I researched my condition and had questions prepared for him to answer.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

17months of constant pain and finally got in with him...stayed in the room.with me for.2minutes and told me to come back in 6 months.. rude.... I went to mayo and got my diagnosis.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

dr swaid did an excellent job doing my surgery on my neck a year ago. His staff is very friendly and his office has a very pleasant attitude. i recommend him to any that ask about a neurosurgeon! He's the BEST in Birmingham, AL!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

Dr. SWAID N. Swaid's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1976)