Ratings for Dr. Jodie Oosman

Unfortunately she was the first doctor I see. Yes she seems to be kind, warm, and super nice, which is awesome for patients with a dependant personality love to hear someone lease crying and mourning with them, and make them feel good for a little bit about themselves with taking bunch of pills. I totally agree with the comment that indicates that she doesn't know the difference between the post traumatic and depression, in another word every patient is depressed and need to take pills and keep talking, and talking about daily life without any beneficial or related topics to your actual illness, which again make her an an awesome friend that you can talk to. I saw her for 9 months, and I was going from bad to worse and worse. Luckily I seeker help from another real professional who talked to me, blamed, adviced, and just make you feel good that actually you are talking to a human that listen and reply, communicate, recommend, and help.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

My last two comments has been removed... How can I give further feedback from my perspective? However, the last good comment a I post remain... I'll have the let the viewer to set an opinion for oneself...

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

She is very kind. I heard from the pharmacist that she follow quite close with all her patient. I have great experience with her in the past 3.5+ years. I respect her knowledge and medical profession.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr. Oosman is a very kind & welcoming psychiatrist. I've seen a number of psychiatrists & psychologists over the years, some of which don't speak at all so you feel like you're just talking to a wall, others just pushed pills, others were rude & egotistical...in short, none of them made me feel as comfortable as Dr. Oosman does. Often I go into see her & I never know what to say or think I have absolutely nothing to say & within no more than a minute she is able to get me talking. She asks questions, she genuinely cares about her patients, she's very calm & puts you at ease & very intelligent. One thing I've found in seeing psychiatrists is that obviously they're all judging you, that's their job, to analyze what you're saying, but she never gives that impression or makes me feel like she's analyzing me. She's just a really warm & helpful individual.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr. Oosman is one of the most forward thinking psychiatrists (and doctor's) I have ever encountered. I had preconceived notions of what a visit to a psychiatrist might be like (dry, clinical setting, anylitical, uncomfortable), but Dr. Oosman completely blew me away. Dr. Oosman is EXTREMELY intelligent, compassionate, and (I believe) accurate with diagnosis. After spending 2 hours on my first eveluation, carefully listening to all of my responses, there was no doubt in my mind that she really cared about helping her patients. Dr. Oosman is extrememly open to any route of therapy a patient wants to pursue (whether it be medication, psychotherapy, etc.). I've been seeing Dr. Oosman for over a year now, and initially I was scared of taking psychitatric meds. Dr. Oosman offered me a referral to a naturopathic psychiatrist! I ended up going with medication in the end. Dr. Oosman is a true gift to the world of psychiatry. I cannot express in words how fantastic she is.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009

She is amazing. Calming and cheerful and empathetic in a humane way. I have seen many psychiatrists because I have moved quite a bit, and she was the only person who asked me a single question that totally stopped me in my tracks and saw my situation in a totally new light. I am convinced that she may have saved my life. She is also very aware of other health care providers in the community and was able to refer me to a facility that assisted me with my sleep problems. I never knew such services existed, and was helped immensely by them. She really uses all the skills in her arsenal, and all the services the community has to offer.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

Dr. Oosman helped me through a tough time with warmth, compassion and knowledge. I believe she diagnosed my mental illness as close to correct as possible. The patient is also responsible for the research of any medications that are discussed or prescribed as the resources are most certainly available. If you don't want to do the drug-route, you don't have to. Dr. Oosman disclosed all of my options and was happy to follow through with whichever I wanted. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Does not know the difference between depression and post traumatic stress disorder. Only wants to push pills. Did not seem concerned that I was allergic to an ingredient in the pill. Refused therapy nor did she refer elsewhere for therapy. When I told her I would no longer take the antidepressant she wanted me to she tried to have me committed which did not work. It finally took suffering another trauma and a psych consult with someone else to be properly diagnosed. I am not on any medication and receiving health care funded therapy by a highly qualified and experience therapist. If Oosman had actually diagnosed me correctly and got me the appropriate therapy how different my life would have been sooner. I wonder how many other lives she has ruined or is wreaking havoc on?

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009

Dr. Oosman is really professional and very smart.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2008