You may also like

Rate Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Ratings

I went to see Dr. Alam and thought my visit was going to be horrible because of all the bad reviews. The staff were very polite and Dr. Alam was great. I didn't feel rushed and she answered my questions and included me in the decisions regarding my treatment, if she didn't know the answer to my question she was honest about it and directed me towards the answer I was looking for. I recommend not reading these reviews and going into your visit with a preconceived notion as everybody has an opinion that might not be the same as yours

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2882612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I saw Dr.Alam after trying many dermatologists and other doctors for a very bad ulcers all over my body, although she is very very busy, she made a thorough exam,ordered a few labs and did a biopsy. She finally found what is wrong with me which was a rare disease and nobody even in the university hospitals found it!! I need to thank you her and her excellent nurse and lovely staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Rude staff. Waited over an hour. Dr.Alam herself was very curt dismissive and gave me no information.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874743].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 23, 2015

Frustrated that I was not called into a room until more than 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Over one hour wait to see doctor the felt very rushed during my time with her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2871087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

She was polite and thorough. A very confident and well educated doctor. I feel lucky to have her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2855014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I would not go to this ignorant Doctor again if she was the last one on earth. She refused to treat my psoriasis as long as i continued to take methotrexate but offered no alternatives. Worst bedside manners and abraisive disposition i've ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847861].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 24, 2015

I had the same experience as one of the raters a couple of years ago. I was referred to Dr alam for long lasting eczema. She told me there was no cure and I had to cope with this chronic condition. this made me so upset that I went to see a naturopath. He gave me a long list of to dos and not to DOs! After months of torture, I finally found Dr. Alam's comments very true and scientific. She didn't actually mess me up with nonsense comments that I received from my naturopath altough I didn't want to hear the bitter truth about my condition

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I have been struggling with deep painful ulcers on my face and facial cellulitis unsuccessfully treated with 6 weeks of iv, oral, and topical antibiotics starting February of this year, and still struggling to find support and resources in the dermatology field with this issue among with painful nails. I was referred to by Dr. Alam and after waiting 6 weeks for the appointment and 2.5 hours in the waiting room, she did not even come within 5 feet of me to examine my issues, did not write any clinical notes to assist other doctors whom are part of my health team with diagnosing my problem, did not tell me what she thought it was, did not provide me with next steps to take or what to do, and tried to rush me out. Since I have been dealing with a disfigured face and have not been able to work or attend school, I was extremely emotional about my issue and she escorted me out. I cried hysterically out of the office and throughout the waiting room. I am a nursing student, and I was absolutely disturbed and horrified by the way Dr. Alam's demeanour left me feeling helpless and vulnerable. I hope that patients who are struggling with health concerns do not feel undermined with the cold dismissal Dr. Alam can give of potentially serious symptoms, and actively seek care someplace else.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2813639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

The worst experience with a doctor ever. She gave my 3 year old daughter a corticosteroid cream foe her exzema without explaining ANY of the side-effects. When I asked her about the side-effects. She dismissed me by saying "Mom, its not cancer!" As if I shouldn't even be concerned about my daughter's skin condition. She talked extremely agressively, as if she is tired of patients bothering her. Did not answer any questions properly. When I asked her if there are any environmental changes I could consider to lessen my daughter's eczema, she said "no, its not an allergy. Its chronic. There is nothing you can do" After consulting a naturopath, I have learned a lot about the triggers of eczema, what I could do, and the dangers of using corticosteroid creams. I feel we were given the least respectful, least knowledgeable, and most ignorant treatment. I will never go back to her, and I wish she did not have her license. A waste of time going to this woman.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2809198].votes_count ]]