You may also like

Rate Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam

Dr. Maryam Shayesteh Alam's Ratings

Dr. Alam is unprofessional, assertive and curt. I had pre-cancer spots all over my body and she gave me no advice on prevention. When I asked her she said I wasn't there for that but to be diagnosed. I found her bedside manner to be extremely arrogant. I arrived 20 minutes prior to my appointment, waited 90 minutes to see her and she spent 6 minutes with me. Everyone clearly has a different experience with a doctor, I can honestly say that Dr. Alam should not be dealing with people. I left the office very upset and disappointed not to mention in fear of having potential life threatening skin cancer.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2898167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2015

A very positive experience with Dr. Alam over the years. She is smart, knowledgeable, very up todate, and answers all my questions without any hesitation . Dr. Alam always listens to my concerns and responds. I have never seen any rush or pushing and suggests all possible alternatives to help me make my own decisions. She is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

I liked this doctor although I had to wait for a while in the waiting room. It is clean and friendly environment, free WiFi and very helpful staff I found Dr alam very experienced and up to the point. Overall I am happy that I was referred to her by my family doctor especially when I compare it with the other skin doctor in Barrie , not even close!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2015

This was my first visit to Simcoderm to see Dr. Alam for something that was concerning for a few month. I should say the office staff were very helpful and efficient, very busy office though. Dr. Alam seems to be on top of her job, very caring and fast. Some people may feel she is in rush but actually she doesn't waste her time and your time. I heard very positive results from my family doctor and other patients and after a few weeks tbat I saw her I see resulted that I didn't expect. I highly recommend this clinic!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2888491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2015

I was surprised to see some horrible comments about this wonderful doctor.She is saving lives of many many cancer patients and it is not fair to talk about her like this. I want all the negative raters to just ask their neighbours ,friends and anyone in Barrie and surrounding cities about this skilful and caring doctor. To see how many people with unknown diseases came out of her office with clear answer and how many were cured. God bless her!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

I went to see Dr. Alam and thought my visit was going to be horrible because of all the bad reviews. The staff were very polite and Dr. Alam was great. I didn't feel rushed and she answered my questions and included me in the decisions regarding my treatment, if she didn't know the answer to my question she was honest about it and directed me towards the answer I was looking for. I recommend not reading these reviews and going into your visit with a preconceived notion as everybody has an opinion that might not be the same as yours

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2882612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I saw Dr.Alam after trying many dermatologists and other doctors for a very bad ulcers all over my body, although she is very very busy, she made a thorough exam,ordered a few labs and did a biopsy. She finally found what is wrong with me which was a rare disease and nobody even in the university hospitals found it!! I need to thank you her and her excellent nurse and lovely staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Rude staff. Waited over an hour. Dr.Alam herself was very curt dismissive and gave me no information.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874743].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 23, 2015

Frustrated that I was not called into a room until more than 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Over one hour wait to see doctor the felt very rushed during my time with her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2871087].votes_count ]]