Ratings for Dr. Donald Bleschmidt

Dr B has been my family doctor since the late 70's. Although we have butted heads occasionally in the past, I wouldn't trade him for another doctor (unless he retires before me!)

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

If someone goes into a clinic it is because they have a concern. For a Dr to reply to a patient by shrugging their shoulders and saying "SO?" is highly unprofessional and inappropriate. Obviously, there was a concern that warranted a medical visit. This Dr did not ask anything about any symptoms or concerns, until after I had put my jacket on to leave and by then, his carefree "SO?" had already established that he didn't care about his patients. I would rather go wait in Emerg for 5 hr than to see him. Interestingly, my family dr was on vacation which is why I went there in the first place. After seeing my GP, I was sent for more investigations which yielded a condition that I am now being monitored for. This Dr was rude, unprofessional and should definately do a refresher on bedside manner as well as maybe on course on how to maintain a business since I know my family will not be returning, nor will anyone we tell.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Excellent caring doctor. Very thorough and listens well to patients concerns.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2010

Has a tendancy to not prescribe and let things heal themselves. Prefer he erred on the side of caution and prescribed more often (ie antibiotics)

flag | Submitted August 24, 2008

Dr. B has been my doctor for over 11 years. He delivered two of my children and takes care of my entire family. I will be lost if he does ever retire, not many doctors are like him, take the time to understand you needs, listens to a parent who knows the child best, and will admit when he's not sure about something and refer you elsewhere. I have always been comfortable with him, in the most embarrassing situations throughout the years, to the simplist ones. He is always pleasent mannered and on time, and what's great is that when you talk to him, he actually LOOKS at you. That is rare with doctors nowadays. I am glad to be under his care, glad to have my children under his care as well as my husband.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2008

Dr B has been my family Dr. for over 20 years. I have seen other doctors on a walk in basis and none come close. He listens, gives sound advice and does not over perscribe medications as some Dr's tend to do.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

Has been our family doctor for 18 yrs and is caring, persistent, thorough.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007