Ratings for Dr. Cindy H. Cheung

clear your calendar if u have an appt......i waited 3 1/2hrs.....unacceptable!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

The wait is long but you are told that upon arrival. It is the same with all the ophthalmologists. She is no nonsense and very knowledgeable. Well worth the wait!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I’m in the waiting room to see another doctor and cannot believe how rude the reception staff is to the patients. Just heard her say to an elderly women “yes I definitely told you that last time. We tell everyone that so make your choices”. Apparently this was about choosing lenses post surgery. Then I hear her talking to the other receptionist about the lady. Completely unprofessional!!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Too busy Doctor to give each patient enough time , I saw her since 2008 I has cataract and Glacoma each time said tell me not yet for surgery, but my eyes so blurry , I am sick from eye drop and not feel good with the drop, she tells me I am young for surgery . Plus the parking lot so expensive and sometimes full , the time to wait in her office too long two hours sometimes more ridiculous

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

TERRIBLE STAFF. SARAH is the worst. They are rude, arrogant and tarnishes Cheung's professional reputation. I have many friends and acquaintances who have been to Cheung and they all say the same thing about the staff. Cheung's assistant was friendly, but chalked up the awful staff, SARAH, to a personality conflict. Well, must be a conflict with every patient who walks into that office. Many people, including myself, are paying a lot of money to have these surgeries and having someone flip out on you unprovoked is completely unnecessary. Every other receptionist in that office is a pleasure. Get rid of Sarah.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Staff need to lighten up. So grumpy, rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Cheung is the MOST knowledgeable, friendly, polite with a staff the most helpful, and polite.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Cindy is a no-nonsense doctor with the utmost regard for her patients. Very skillful surgeon as well. I feel very fortunate to be on her patient list.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

My second comment on Dr. Cheung Appointments still are taking much too long - why, after a year of complaints, is nothing done? Dr. Cheung, after diagnosing my conditions, had no comment about alternatives or the next step, or the trends in you condition. I found out more on the internet, regarding my condition. Once I educated myself, I went to the optometrist and we resolved the corrective lenses required. In other words, one may want to assume that you are managing your file. If anything beyond Dr.Cheung's scope comes up, you will have to deal with it yourself.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I think that Dr. Cheung is trying to singlehandedly compensate for the shortage of Ophthalmologists in the Peterborough. Wait times are 1.5 to 2.5 hours ! I think sometimes the dilation drops are worn off by the time she examines me. She readily makes referrals to specialists when she feel it necessary. I feel that she is capable, thorough, and knowledgeable, but I would appreciate more explanation of her opinions and thought process, and alternatives considered. To summarize -I presently have 4 simultaneous eye conditions, and I have confidence that Dr, Cheung is my best ally in dealing with them.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015