Ratings for Dr. Cindy H. Cheung

Staff need to lighten up. So grumpy, rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Cheung is the MOST knowledgeable, friendly, polite with a staff the most helpful, and polite.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Cindy is a no-nonsense doctor with the utmost regard for her patients. Very skillful surgeon as well. I feel very fortunate to be on her patient list.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

My second comment on Dr. Cheung Appointments still are taking much too long - why, after a year of complaints, is nothing done? Dr. Cheung, after diagnosing my conditions, had no comment about alternatives or the next step, or the trends in you condition. I found out more on the internet, regarding my condition. Once I educated myself, I went to the optometrist and we resolved the corrective lenses required. In other words, one may want to assume that you are managing your file. If anything beyond Dr.Cheung's scope comes up, you will have to deal with it yourself.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I think that Dr. Cheung is trying to singlehandedly compensate for the shortage of Ophthalmologists in the Peterborough. Wait times are 1.5 to 2.5 hours ! I think sometimes the dilation drops are worn off by the time she examines me. She readily makes referrals to specialists when she feel it necessary. I feel that she is capable, thorough, and knowledgeable, but I would appreciate more explanation of her opinions and thought process, and alternatives considered. To summarize -I presently have 4 simultaneous eye conditions, and I have confidence that Dr, Cheung is my best ally in dealing with them.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I think Dr. Cheung is overwhelmed and so is her staff. Perhaps her workload can be distributed with another specialist. Initially I had felt like a patient who was cared for, but with time, now I feel like a number within a goal that Dr. Cheung is trying to achieve. My appointments are barely 5 mins, and within those 5 mins, there is a constant feeling of urgency for her to get to the next number. Information I ask for are vague and not convincing. If it wasn't for my eye, I probably wouldn't be as dissapointed after one of her appointments, but it is my eye.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I was 10 minutes early for my appointment, but had to wait two and a half hours before getting to see her for less than two minutes. She gave me a hand out on cataract surgery and info on upgrading lenses (at extra cost) and told me to google to get more info on cataract surgery (no proper websites or links were provided). At my first appointment she said I needed cataract surgery. At a follow-up appointment I was told I had glaucoma (no mention of this at the first appointment) and was given a prescription (no instructions on use or duration of treatment) for very expensive eye drops and told to come back in two months. Also received comment that my driver's license was at risk. I felt that my concerns/questions were not being addressed (eg. risks involved, info over procedure, etc.) and felt I was being rushed into something without proper consideration for my individual situation. I had better information from my optometrist who said my cataracts were slight, more in one eye than the other, and that they usually wait until they are more developed before going for surgery. How much are doctors being driven by health needs versus the need to process more patients (more billing = more income for the doctors). Getting slapped with a $10 parking fee just added salt to the wound. I'm going for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

As soon as you walk in to Dr. Cheung's office the first thing you see is dozens of people packed in different waiting areas including hall ways. A sign saying: "Please allow 1 to 2 hours for your appointment" is plastered in the waiting areas. The patients are frustrated with the long waits and starting to take it out on the staff. The staff is frustrated and is telling the patients to take it out with the doctor. You are ushered into one room where a staff member runs a "pre-exam" on you to cut down on the time the doctor will spend with you. They put eye drops in your eyes and send you back to the waiting area (the hall ways). They make you believe your wait time is because of the eye drops in your eyes but by the time the doctor waltz in to see you the effect of the eye drops is already gone and she administers more. An hour and 45 minutes later the doctor finally sees you for under ten minutes and rushes you out the door as quickly as possible and tells you to come back in 2 months

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Dr Cheung did my cataracts, and she was excellent. I cannot rate her high enough. Very knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

I have found Dr. Cindy Cheung very detailed in her examination and defining the problem and very knowledgeable in taking the proper corrective action.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014