Ratings for Dr. Emmett G. Cooper

I feel bad for the last person who left a review because I too felt excited, just as they did, when I called the first time and Dr. Cooper answered the phone himself. He assured me that I was in good hands, but the truth of the matter is Dr. Cooper could care less about his patients and he pretty much wrote the book when it comes to the bait and switch technique. This is exactly what will happen if you choose Dr. Cooper as your dr- After your first visit you will be seen by any number of random doctors, they will spend about 5 seconds to a minute talking to you. Why such short appointments you ask? Well that's because they schedule so many people on top of one another and this office is open for about 7 hours each week so instead of working more, they make the patient wait for hours on end. Let's not forget that before you talk to the dr, you must do a urinalysis in a filthy bathroom, but don't try and shut the door behind you because its broken and they have no intention on fixing it because that would be money out of their pockets. Another thing you should know about Dr Cooper and his staff is that they are running an insurance scam. They dont accept insurance for the office visit itself and told me that my visits would have to be paid in cash ($160 a month) and that price included the cost of the drug tests that I have to take at the beginning of each visit, but then a few months after that they asked if I had insurance, and said from this point on they would be billing my insurance for the drug testing. (Usually that's a pretty inexpensive test and on average it should usually cost around $50.) Then later that month I get a bill for $1500.00 for lab work that Dr. Coopers office ordered. They literally tested my pee for every single substance known to man and there was absolutely no reason for it, and they do that to every single patient every single month. My insurance didnt pay the claim because it was an out of network lab. I then brought it to the attention of Dr Coopers staff and they told me if my insurance didn't pay the claim then I shouldnt worry and that I wouldn't have to pay for the labwork out of pocket, which was good news but doesnt really make sense. So to sum that all up, what they're basically doing is ordering a bunch of bull$ h!t tests every month for all the patients and then they try to see how many insurance companies will pay the bill. In my opnion, this should be considered medical fraud and none no one working in Dr Coopers office should be working in the medical field. Its obvious they only care about money so if you are looking for a doctor to help you beat addiction, Dr Cooper is not your guy.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Dr cooper, was very knowledgable and so helpful. I just finished a rehabilitation program at Becket Springs in West Chester, (which was the best rehabilitation center I have ever been to out of all 3 I have gone too.) I think 160$ A mos. is a little expensive compared to others, but seeing as how well he helped me, and actually answered the phone him self; I am really looking forward to my appointment with him! : )

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

This office recently posted a comic strip by the front window which said Dr. I am suicidal to which the Dr. replies I cannot help you until you pay your co-pay. If you are sick and have to cancel the same day, which only happened one time, you find out about their policy not to reschedule for you. You are kicked off the program, put at the end of a waiting list, and if and when they reschedule you, you will be charged a $50.00 reschedule fee. They are so anxious to collect this fee, even if you are in the office, walk away from the window, realize the appointment you just scheduled has a conflict and walk right back up to the window, they try to hit you with the $50.00 reschedule. Even your insurance co. requires a pre-cert letter, there is a charge of at least $25.00 per communication from Dr. Cooper's office to the insurance co. for any medicine which requires action for approval.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Dr. Emmett G. Cooper's Credentials

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med, Washington Dc 20059 (Grad. 1972)

AHC