Ratings for Dr. Yetunde Kasumu

I learned from another doctor that she gets paid based on how many patients she can see in a day and that is why her appointments are extremely rushed. You can't even tell her what you're there for, before she starts rushing you out the door. Completely disrespectful.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Dr Kasumu is warm hearted, takes her time to explain things clearly which is what I look for in a doctor as most doctors don't say much because they want to rush but Dr Kasumu is different. The office environment is warm and staff very friendly . I will recommend this doctor to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I cannot imagine that anyone would have negative comments or problems with Dr. Kasumu’s practice/clinic. Dr. Kasumu is without question the best doctor I've seen in Alberta! I didn't have a family physician for a very long time, and was having trouble finding one. Dr. Kasumu offered helpful tips on how to find a family doctor since she wasn’t accepting patients anymore. She had my test results delivered directly to her in the mean time while I was trying to find a doctor. She is never in a rush even when she is under pressure of other patients waiting to see her (not surprising). She also lets you know politely if you are doing anything that is affecting your health status and takes time to apologize when she is behind schedule. She is always attentive and informative. She took a detailed family history, asked many questions to get the full picture and provided detailed explanation of my condition and any issues I was having in lay man’s terms, along with explaining possible future actions/treatments required and details about timing and options for such treatments. At the end of the day, I found a male doctor that I was not very happy with because I really wanted a female doctor and Dr. Kasumu decided to continue to see me as a patient which I’m very grateful for. She is very understanding too.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Definitely one of the best doctors in Calgary. She is very knowledgeable and professional. She takes time to listen to her patients and consciously try to allay their fears. Dr. Kasumu is very thorough and spends more time on average listening to patients than most doctors I have visited. She is never in a hurry but very compassionate and willing to put herself in the patient’s shoes. She ALWAYS follows up with her patient’s issues and follows through on what is expected of a great physician. She goes above and beyond what is expected to make your experience with your doctor worthwhile and I feel very fortunate that Dr. Kasumu is my family doctor. Dr. Kasumu has been my family physician for about 8 years and it has always been a privilege to be seen by her. On several occasions she has helped out with words of encouragement and great health care and wish all doctors could be as patient and compassionate as her. She is doing a great job!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I have visited Dr. Kasumu severally for various reasons and she is an excellent doctor. She is very open minded and ready to listen to what I think. In addition, she suggested I talk to other doctors to get a second opinion. Specifically, I went to see her for my persistent stiff neck and she had referred me to a specialist. Even though it took me a while before I could get an appointment to see the specialist, she continued to see me and advise me on ways to ease the pain. The specialist did confirm Dr. Kasumu’s reasons and prognosis of my neck pain. I have since received adequate treatment and currently have full mobility in my neck. Dr. Kasumu has been awesome and amazingly helpful with my medical needs and I sincerely thank her for all she has done for me. I do have high regards for her medical knowledge and compassion. I have recommended Dr. Kasumu to my friends and family in the past and will do that again anytime the need arises. Also, the staff at the clinic are very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Kasumu is an awesome physician. Having been new to Canada and with the hassel of finding a good FP for my family and I meeting Dr. Kasumu resolved all my tension. She really takes her time out and listens to my concerns. The staff in her office are very receiving as well. We love our doctor and with matter of fact that she is able to accommodate us for same day appointment when need arises is the best part. I just want to say if you want quality care for you and your family then do consider seeing Dr. Kasumu. Thank you Dr. Kasumu.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Dr Kasumu is such a kind, patient and caring doctor. She is so personable and relatable. She relates with my family in a very friendly manner. I went to her in 2014 as I just relocated to Calgary and she was accepting prenatal patients. This was my first pregnancy and she made me feel so comfortable and at ease with my condition. She didn't always have the answers right away since she didn't have my records, but she would do her research and follow up. I appreciate the fact that she took her time to assess and ask the right questions, instead of just guessing what my situation was. I have referred Dr. Kasumu to all my family members and friends in Calgary and they are all happy with the treatment and care they are getting from her. I highly recommend Dr. Kasumu. She is also very accommodating. There are several times have called to see her urgently and she's able to give me a same day appointment, even if it means seeing me during her lunch time or after hours and she is never in a hurry. I remember once I went to her office and she was on her way out, she still stayed behind to attend to me even though she could have told me to see her colleagues or come some other day. Dr. Kasumu is God sent to my family and she is very much appreciated. Her skill level is excellent.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Kasumu is a excellent physician. I've been seeing her as a patient since 2013 and I have no complaints . She has all the qualities of a good family physician . I can discuss all I'm going through with her and she is a good very listener and friendly to. Sometimes you just need someone to listen to you and she has always been there for me.She is a wonderful doctor and has a great knowledge of her profession .I just want to say Dr.Kasumu Keep it up your good work and thank you for all you have done for me.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Kasumu is a very professional physician. I've been seeing her as a patient since 2008 and I have no complaints whatsoever. In actual fact, she has exceeded all my expectations of a family physician. She has grown to be a very good friend and confidant. I can discuss all I'm going through with her and she is a good listener. Sometimes you just need someone to listen to you and she has always been there for me. Once, I fell and sprained my neck and back, she was able to help with my pain and treatment. I have read some of the reviews here and wonder if these people are talking about the same Dr. Kasumu. I guess you can't make everyone happy at the end of the day. I just want people to know that Dr. Kasumu is an fine professional that knows what she's doing. Keep it up and thank you for all you have done for me.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Kasumu has been my family doctor for more than five years and she has taken very good care of us. I am a mother of two children and my children love their doctor. They are actually excited when we visit the clinic and do not want to leave her office. Her advise is always spot on and not in a hurry atall. I have visited other doctors in the city for referral and seen some before moving to Dr. Kasumu's practice and I can confidently say that Dr. Kasumu stands out in knowledge and helpfulness. Thank you Dr. Kasumu for being such a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016