Ratings for Dr. Yetunde Kasumu

I love her she is a really good doctor and she cares about her patients

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I SAW DR. KASUMU THINKING THAT I MIGHT NEED AN MRI OR A SURGERY FOR THAT MATTER. DR. KASUMU DID A FANTASTIC ASSESSMENT OF MY CONDITION AND IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE. AS IT TURNED OUT, MY X-RAY WAS SHOWING THAT MY CONDITION WAS NOT THAT BAD. WE THEREFORE, DISCUSSED MY PROBLEMS AND SHE RECOMMENDED SOME CHANGES IN MY DIET AND LIFESTYLE. I HAVE BEEN TO SEE OTHER DOCTORS IN THE CITY FOR THE SAME PROBLEM TO NO AVAIL UNTIL I MET DR. KASUMU. I EXTREMELY HAVE TO SAY THAT DR. KASUMU HAS BEEN THE MOST AMAZING PHYSICIAN WHO ALWAYS PUTS HER PATIENTS FIRST IN EVERYTHING SHE DOES. SHE IS THE MOST AMAZING DOCTOR AND THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE OF ANY PHYSICIAN I HAVE SEEN. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. KASUMU TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR IN CALGARY. THANK YOU DR. KASUMU FOR BEING SUCH AN AMAZING AND EXCELLENT DOCTOR TO MY FAMILY. WE APPRECIATE YOU.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Fantastic family doctor. She has seen me through my pregnancy and now sees my husband and son. Her staff are all very professional and very friendly. I even get reminder calls to come in for annual physicals. She asks for her patients to follow up after blood work and she's not a drug pusher. Overall, an excellent physician who truly cares about her patients well being.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

At last, I’ve finally found a doctor that really gets the importance of connecting with patients rather than talking at them. I would strongly recommend this doctor to anyone looking for one. She is never in a hurry even though she runs a very busy practice. The nurses and staff are very welcoming and treat you the way you would love to be treated. They are exceptional. I’ve gone in to see Dr. Kasumu several times and at all times, I’ve been impressed with the level of service and attention I got. She takes time to ask the right questions and understand my issues. She is very patient and takes time to explain things. My kids love her too.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I learned from another doctor that she gets paid based on how many patients she can see in a day and that is why her appointments are extremely rushed. You can't even tell her what you're there for, before she starts rushing you out the door. Completely disrespectful.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Dr Kasumu is warm hearted, takes her time to explain things clearly which is what I look for in a doctor as most doctors don't say much because they want to rush but Dr Kasumu is different. The office environment is warm and staff very friendly . I will recommend this doctor to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I cannot imagine that anyone would have negative comments or problems with Dr. Kasumu’s practice/clinic. Dr. Kasumu is without question the best doctor I've seen in Alberta! I didn't have a family physician for a very long time, and was having trouble finding one. Dr. Kasumu offered helpful tips on how to find a family doctor since she wasn’t accepting patients anymore. She had my test results delivered directly to her in the mean time while I was trying to find a doctor. She is never in a rush even when she is under pressure of other patients waiting to see her (not surprising). She also lets you know politely if you are doing anything that is affecting your health status and takes time to apologize when she is behind schedule. She is always attentive and informative. She took a detailed family history, asked many questions to get the full picture and provided detailed explanation of my condition and any issues I was having in lay man’s terms, along with explaining possible future actions/treatments required and details about timing and options for such treatments. At the end of the day, I found a male doctor that I was not very happy with because I really wanted a female doctor and Dr. Kasumu decided to continue to see me as a patient which I’m very grateful for. She is very understanding too.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Definitely one of the best doctors in Calgary. She is very knowledgeable and professional. She takes time to listen to her patients and consciously try to allay their fears. Dr. Kasumu is very thorough and spends more time on average listening to patients than most doctors I have visited. She is never in a hurry but very compassionate and willing to put herself in the patient’s shoes. She ALWAYS follows up with her patient’s issues and follows through on what is expected of a great physician. She goes above and beyond what is expected to make your experience with your doctor worthwhile and I feel very fortunate that Dr. Kasumu is my family doctor. Dr. Kasumu has been my family physician for about 8 years and it has always been a privilege to be seen by her. On several occasions she has helped out with words of encouragement and great health care and wish all doctors could be as patient and compassionate as her. She is doing a great job!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I have visited Dr. Kasumu severally for various reasons and she is an excellent doctor. She is very open minded and ready to listen to what I think. In addition, she suggested I talk to other doctors to get a second opinion. Specifically, I went to see her for my persistent stiff neck and she had referred me to a specialist. Even though it took me a while before I could get an appointment to see the specialist, she continued to see me and advise me on ways to ease the pain. The specialist did confirm Dr. Kasumu’s reasons and prognosis of my neck pain. I have since received adequate treatment and currently have full mobility in my neck. Dr. Kasumu has been awesome and amazingly helpful with my medical needs and I sincerely thank her for all she has done for me. I do have high regards for her medical knowledge and compassion. I have recommended Dr. Kasumu to my friends and family in the past and will do that again anytime the need arises. Also, the staff at the clinic are very nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Kasumu is an awesome physician. Having been new to Canada and with the hassel of finding a good FP for my family and I meeting Dr. Kasumu resolved all my tension. She really takes her time out and listens to my concerns. The staff in her office are very receiving as well. We love our doctor and with matter of fact that she is able to accommodate us for same day appointment when need arises is the best part. I just want to say if you want quality care for you and your family then do consider seeing Dr. Kasumu. Thank you Dr. Kasumu.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016