You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Yetunde Kasumu

I went to see Dr. Kasumu for upper back pain after suffering a fall. Dr. Kasumu misdiagnosed a herniated C7 T1 disk situation for me. She insisted it was a dislocated shoulder and did not even think an X-Ray was necessary. She sent me for numerous chirpractic and cold lazer therapy treatments for several weeks before finally advising me to go to any hospital emergency center. By this time I was in very serious condition, a useless left arm, hand and three fingers and in excruciating pain. I now have , after one year, what appears to be permanent damage to my left arm and hand and three fingers due to her lack of knowledge regarding patients that suffer a fall and come to see her for upper back pain . I filed a complaint with the college of physcians and surgeons. They caught her alterating information on my records when she was made aware she was under investigation. She violated a relative College Standard and also the Canadian Medical Association Code of Ethics. She admits that ''she feels stupid'' that she did this. No feelings of remorse. I cannot recommend this woman to anyone for any reason.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Kasumu misdiagnosed my serious condition and prescribed totaly inappropriate treatment. I followed each every treatment she suggested. She treated me for one month before deciding I needed to rush to an ER. Good luck in not ever having any serious issues if you are seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Dr. Kasumu is very professional, accommodating, kind, and knowledgeable. I have never felt rushed out of an appointment, and she has always answered my questions in detail so that I fully understand everything. She is extremely efficient and I have never waited longer than 10 minutes (from the time I have walked in the clinic) to see her. She has even taken the time to answer questions about my baby during my own appointments. Thanks for all that you do, Dr. Kasumu!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Very helpful and understanding. Would recommend her to anyone needing a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I changed doctors because I didn't want to see her any more. I am in tune with my body and who I am, and when I requested a particular medication for an extremely short duration, she absolutely refused. If I recall, she actually put me on antidepressants instead. I originally asked for a 2 week supply of Ativan to help reset my sleep pattern by stilling my mind. Where was the disconnect?! In any case, I found her abrupt and jarring.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

In my 72 years, I have never been treated with less empathy and compassion as I have with Dr. Kasumu. She literally stomped out of the room and slammed the door. There was nothing professional about her behavior. She told me that if I was in the U.S. and paying for my healthcare, I could choose who I was being referred to! I do pay for my healthcare - through my taxes. She's all about the $$$ and won't discuss more than one thing at an appointment. Don't go to her - she's AWFUL.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Conscientious and accommodating. I wish all Drs were like her.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

This is a HORRIBLE doctor. I took my 14 year old there for a physical. Dr Kasumu kicked me out of the room, said she want to establish Dr/patient trust; I accepted that. Not even 5 minutes later, she was finished with my daughter. Came out of the office stomping and waving her arms around because we missed the last appointment, even though I cancelled it beforehand. Said if I didn't pay the $85 for a missed appointment, she didn't want us back at the office ever. She was angry on the phone in the room with my daughter, and also raised her voice to my daughter. And to top it all off, the whole reason for our appointment was not even addressed. I will never bring my daughter back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I am so lucky I was referred to Dr. Kasumu. She is professional, knowledgeable, caring and has a great sense of humour too! She is very gentle - and quick - performing female physicals, which is very important to me. She is not quick to rush me out, and when I have several questions during a visit, she has never once told me "Make another app't", she will address all my concerns. Now my baby boy is seeing her too and he loves her! I am also impressed with the nurses at Eagles Med as well, very thorough.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

wouldn't recommend her to anybody. The moment you're in, you feel it is all about $$$ and ripping off the system. Always in a rush and you can't talk about and discuss more than one thing at a visit........absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen this with the previous GPs I dealt with. I don't blame her but blame the health system that allows some GPs abuse the system that far.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Yetunde Kasumu's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Kasumu for upper back pain after suffering a fall. Dr. Kasumu misdiagnosed a herniated C7 T1 disk situation for me. She insisted it was a di..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kasumu misdiagnosed my serious condition and prescribed totaly inappropriate treatment. I followed each every treatment she suggested. She treated me for..."

September 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kasumu is very professional, accommodating, kind, and knowledgeable. I have never felt rushed out of an appointment, and she has always answered my question..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very helpful and understanding. Would recommend her to anyone needing a doctor."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I changed doctors because I didn't want to see her any more. I am in tune with my body and who I am, and when I requested a particular medication for an extrem..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "In my 72 years, I have never been treated with less empathy and compassion as I have with Dr. Kasumu. She literally stomped out of the room and slammed the doo..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Conscientious and accommodating. I wish all Drs were like her."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is a HORRIBLE doctor. I took my 14 year old there for a physical. Dr Kasumu kicked me out of the room, said she want to establish Dr/patient trust; I accep..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am so lucky I was referred to Dr. Kasumu. She is professional, knowledgeable, caring and has a great sense of humour too! She is very gentle - and quick - per..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "wouldn't recommend her to anybody. The moment you're in, you feel it is all about $$$ and ripping off the system. Always in a rush and you can't talk about and ..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kasumu is excellent. She always squeezes me in and has referred me to specialists when its been required. She is very thorough and has an excellent bed si..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K has an excellent bedside manner. She isn't a prescription pusher, which is important to me, but lets you know what to watch for in case prescriptions are ..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kasumu is the best Dr I have ever had. She is quick to send you on to specialists when they are required and she is on top of everything on my return visits..."

October 13, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Always an enjoyable experience. Good bedside manner in a doctor who listens and cares."

October 7, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "enjoy Dr, Kasamu, she is professional and takes the time to explain"

September 10, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst Doctor I have ever had!! I came to see her with a problem and she scoffed and said "There are people in Africa going through a lot worse than you!!" Wow....."

September 5, 2014