Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Slater

This office was a big waste of money. We paid $1400 for one initial consult, which is over FOUR TIMES the reasonable and customary charges. Then when I didn't agree/understand the report, they wanted to charge me for an additional visit! He used the DSM-IV diagnostics when the DSM-5 has a lot of changes in the area we are looking at, and when I spoke to him directly, he barely remembered us. What a disappointment.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

You will not find a more dedicated and knowledgeable child and adolescent psychiatrist than Dr. Slater. He is the most intelligent and intuitive physician I have even known and he has helped my child deal with his mood disorder for many years. Dr. Slater is also an expert diagnostician for the adult with psychological or psychiatric problems. His knowledge of psychopharmaceuticals is extensive and I would highly recommend him. Dr. Slater is great with call-backs and follow ups. It is my experience that he does not accept insurance. * Note: Dr. Slater is often sought out and consulted as a physician for children and teens with the most difficult to treat psychiatric disorders.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

Dr. Slater will always get back to you no matter what the day is or hour. If it is an emergency he will always switch his schdule around to see a patient.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr. Jonathan Slater's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1985)

Champ Va