Ratings for Dr. Noel Tulipan

Treated son from an infant until he was 25yrs old. Until dr Tulipan passed away. My condolences. A great doctor we would travel anywhere he was. He saved my sons life many times. God Bless his family.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Staff and doctor always available to help. Dr. Tulipan is wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I had a severe head trauma in 1995.I was air lifted out of the small town in which I live,and had a 20% percent chance of living before making it to Vanderbilt Medical Hospital where Dr. Tulipan and his staff removed a hematoma (blood clot,) from the right side of my head.After 28 days in a coma,God willing I pulled through and spent several months in Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital,in my opinion has an A plus rating.I was released and today am doing good,so I would like to give a big Thank You to Dr. Tulipan and his staff,Vanderbilt Hospital,Vanderbilt Stallworth,and all who helped in my recovery.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I love this staff they have helped me with my questions and concerns since I first learned my son had fluid on the brain which I was 6 months pregnant. Dr. Tulipan sat down and explained the whole shunt procedure to me and my family. My son Noah is 2 years old and we visit the office yearly never had to wait long at all. So I would like to say thanks to him and his friendly staff.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Waited over two hours! The nurse told me this is the norm for this doctor. Didnt seem like he really cared about us as people. After he reviewed my daughter's MRI all he said is it looked good. Could we not have handled that news on the phone or with a note so that I didnt miss a day of work and she didnt miss a day of school and we didnt have to pay a $45 copay.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Dr. Tulipan does seem unapproachable, however, he will answer your questions. My son has hydrocephalus and we have moved several times so we have dealt with several nuerosurgeons, Dr. Tulipan doesn't have the worst bedside manner we've come across.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Dr. Tulipan was very unhelpful when my father began having seizures after placing a shunt in his brain to treat hydrocephalus. Although he seemed knowledgeable, his person skills are lacking and his ability to clearly communicate risks and to accurately establish expectations is non-existent and maybe even misleading. He was unavailable after this surgery for several days (for reasons unknown) which created tremendous stress on the family and the perception that he really doesn't care about the patient.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

He is very unaproachable when it comes to questions. You have to take what he says and that is it.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2009

He is the best of the best.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

Dr. Noel Tulipan's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)