Ratings for Dr. Theodore H. Gertel

simply the BEST Orthopedic Dr. I've seen ... and I have seen many. I left with peace of mind. My wife as well had seen 2 previous Dr's. about her wrist. The others ordered X-rays and MRI's - she had pain for 6 weeks and no relief. We went to Dr Gertel... she was given a cortisone shot for inflamed tendons and was all better the next day! He is SUPERIOR to all others.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

He is teriffic. I injured my elbow (rupture my extension tendon) and shoulder at work and was in extreme pain. He was able to take me to surgery soon after. Very happy with results. Grateful he was recommended ny my PPC.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

Unbelievable surgeon. I would never trust anyone else ever again.Three surgeries,shoulder,knee,and ankle all 98%. Scheduling two more shoulder surgeries with him shortly.Never waited more than 20 minutes for a visit,most were 5-10.Staff is pleasant and knowledable.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

I consider Dr. Gertel an exceptional orthopedic surgeon and would refer him to anyone. After being referred to Dr. Gertel for surgery on a broken knee cap in 1999, I didn't hesitate returning to him for surgery on a torn ligament in my other knee in 2007, even knowing he wasn't an "In Network" Provider with my health insurance. My primary physician (HMO) recommended physical therapy, which I tried for 18 weeks with little improvement. I decided to get Dr. Gertel's opinion, who immediately recommended surgery. My work requires physical demands and time was of the essence. Dr. Gertel and his staff were able to arrange surgery within days and get me on the road to recovery. In less than a month, I was well enough to return to field work and within two months was given a clean bill of health. Due to the short period of downtime, I was also able to take advantage of an opportunity which greatly furthered my career. I can see myself still in PT today if I hadn't

flag | Submitted August 12, 2008

Dr. Theodore H. Gertel's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Multiplan