Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Wagner

I was having shortness of breath and went to see Dr. Wagner because I shouldn't have been experiencing shortness of breath at such a young age. Being a smoker didn't help matters either. Dr. Wagner is at the top of his game. While waiting on results for some of my tests to come back I had some more serious symptoms on a major holiday weekend. What a bad time for something like that to happen. I sent Dr. Wagner a message and he instantly called me. I told him what was going on and he nailed it. By 3 o'clock that afternoon (on a Saturday!) I was having a stent placed in my LAD which was 99% blocked. The cardiologist told me I wouldn't have lived through the weekend. If it weren't for Dr. Wagner I would be dead today. He saved my life! Thanks Doc!! You are the best, most caring, and intelligent Dr I've ever dealt with. How many other doctors would drop everything they're doing on a holiday weekend with their family. That's absolute dedication to your patients. And I'm not sure why some are saying negative things about his staff. Those girls work their butts off for that practice. And especially Crystal, she is very intelligent, knowledgable, and knows her job well. She bends over backwards to help me with everything from appointments, any questions I have, etc. and always so pleasant and professional. If I need it, she gets it done, wow! You need to promote her, give her a raise, or something. Thanks again for saving my life Dr Wagner. I'm forever in your debt. You're a true professional.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I have moved quite a bit,thus been to a number of different doctors. I have never seen a doctor who was more caring and who took the time to really understand the situation. On at least two different occasions, Dr Wagner correctly diagnosed conditions that had stumped other doctors. I would, and do, highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Dr. wagner is very patient and caring and honest. It took me a while to get used to the office staff especially Nan who could be a little short with you on the phone. Crystal on the other hand is wonderful, patient and knowledgable. Dr. wagner is extremely patient and does not rush you. he takes time to explain everything fully and listens intently and really seems to care about his patients.I can usually always get an appointment the same day. The only negative comant is that the office closes at 5 and the doctor usually is gone by 4 or 4:30. There are no evening or weekend hours. Dr. wagner always returns emergency or after hours phone calls promptly even on the weekends. Dr. wagner will also call you back himself during the work week hours if you request it unlike other doctors who have their office staff call. . Dr. Wagner is very professional and knowledgable. He is a good listener and very perceptive when it comes to his patients.I would and have recommended Dr. Wagner to others.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Yes, unfortunatley the staff has been a challenge, I must agree and I too almost switched because of them-however Dr. Wagner is a phoenomenal doctor- extremely knowledable and insightful. I am a frequent patient and I have not had to wait for more than 5 minutes to be called back and then the expected 10-15 or so in the room. Highly recommended from one that has seen numerous docs in numerous states....yeah Doc. Wagner!!! ;)

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

I was briefly a patient of Dr. Wagner's (less than 6 months). I very much enjoyed being a patient of his; he was friendly, spent a lot of time with me during visits, and I never felt rushed. He always seemed to be current on treatments and technology. His PAs were great, too. However, I left the practice after a few visits because his front desk staff was overtly rude and unhelpful. I would easily rate his PAs a "5" for good service, although the behavior of his front desk staff (particularly Crystal) was unacceptable to the point that I chose to take my chances with a new physician. The amount of time that Dr. Wagner spends with patients can also be a detriment if you are left in the waiting room because all of the patient rooms are full. Prior to leaving the practice, I did feel that Dr. Wagner was worth the wait because I knew he would spend just as much time with me as a patient.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

The only thing I have to say is he needs to let the nurses to take the blood pressure. Every time I see him he is helpful with my ailments however he always tries to diagnose me with high blood pressure. He did it to my husband too. But if someone takes our blood pressure it's fine. As aforementioned he is a good listener and if he doesn't have it right he will make sure to correct it. His bedside manner is a little on the chilly side but he is thorough. The PA in the office I HIGHLY recommend. Jennifer is very astute and I am always happy to see her.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

Dr. Scott D. Wagner's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)