Ratings for Dr. Drew A. Stein

The single least professional medical experience I've ever had. I received unhelpful, snarky responses to my questions and completely wasted both of our time.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

If you like to be spoken to as if you're an idiot and not examined properly, then this doctor is for you. Within 1 minute of first and only visit he was completely rude and borderline unprofessional. Would definitely not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. Stein treated me for a torn meniscus - explained everything very thoroughly in regards to my surgery and aftercare. He answered all oft questions

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Dr. Stein and Dana with the entire are just the BEST!!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Part of being a good doctor is knowing how to communicate with patients. Unfortunately, Dr. Stein is clearly lacking not only in communication skills but in basic empathy for his patients. I would never recommend him, there are plenty of other qualified Orthopedic surgeons in NYC.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

Dr. Stein has ZERO bedside manner, and is not friendly, welcoming, warm, or comforting in any way whatsoever. His demeanor is COLD, distant, and apathetic. He was borderline RUDE in answering legitimate intelligent questions I had. He pretty much put ZERO effort into treating me and I would NEVER go back to him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Drew Stein has absolutely zero bedside manner and simply doesn't know how to clearly communicate with patients. He is distant, socially inept, and apparently incapable of carrying on an adult conversation for more than 15 seconds. I'm a smart, educated person, and whenever Dr. Stein leaves the room I rack my brain to figure out what the hell he is trying to say. Not because he's so smart but because he talks in circles and his speech is vague and convoluted. Dr. Stein is indirect, unclear, and somewhat apathetic about my treatment. If you are looking for an orthopedic surgeon who listens and responds to your concerns, Drew Stein isn't the guy. He is so concerned with getting out his spiel he fails to engage his patients and truly understand their concerns. I tried working with Dr. Stein for a half dozen appointments before I finally gave up and found someone else who actually cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

Very smart and very capable. Loves what he does. Took great care of myself and husband with separate injuries. See patients on time, hates when they are late as well as when he is. Highly recommended. Takes no fault + other insurancs.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2009

Dr. Drew A. Stein's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

AARP