Ratings for Dr. John E. Vargas

I have been seeing Dr. John for over 20 yrs now. He is a very kind and caring man. He also cared for my daughter when she was alive, and even came to the funeral home after she passed away. I have the utmost respect for him, and his staff is the absolute best

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

The doc n his staff are #1!! They always help amd are concerned- period! Have had 3serious health problems n doc got me to specialists every time n always followed up! He gets you Always to rite Dr specializing in problem n follows up till its fixed. Office n rest best n friendly!!! If u not happy w/them , then You have the problem!! My whole family is Surgeons, Fam docs, " shrinks", and pharm professors- highly successful- and all know how much Dr Vargas n whole staff have been the Best!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Was told for about six months my persistent cough was due to allergies and bronchitis. A chest x-ray was never done and I didn't know I had to ask for one. Turns out I have a mass in my lung that's caused it to collapse and it's closing off my bronchial tube and more than likely it's lung cancer.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I went to see this jaghole years ago for post surgical care for joint pain only to later find out he is The #1 Drug pusher in this town, this idiot put me on 200 milligrams of Morophine three times per day!!! (no joke) my pharmacist didnt even know 200mg was a real dose they had to look it up in the med bible!! At the same time 180 6x per day 10 milligram vicodin (turns out its the same stuff as morophine just not as strong, 90mgs Lyrica this is given to diabetics for nerve pain which I did not have. All this together made me sick at first and when I called the office about what it was doing to me I was told to eat bigger meals b4 taking my doses, (no bull)!! I literally had never had any type of meds that I was regimented too b4 this so unfortunately I was naive and trusted this man who literally and almost systemically ruined my physical and mental being! My body eventually adjusted and I became a certified drug DEPENDANT adult!! Now I could go on for a while about some of the stories I've heard about that this jerk has done but I will just tell you his reputation ...as a doctor.......is so well known by the Midland Medical Community, that every doctor I have related this story to about straight from the first weeks visit prescription perscribing,.... they to a man and woman said if they new I was going to see him they would have stopped me! Thats how much of an irresponsible drug pusher he is!! I went for pain management and he with zero regard for toxicity levels almost made me a lifetime addict. I literally required medical professional help to get all of that poison out of my system as it was making me a zombie and abit nuts!! He did not care!! I would say if your a drug addict he is perfect for you but beware of this man he is what I would deem a very dangerous man. He once pulled a gun out he should me that he carried because of how crazy people get when he strings them out on drugs. It was the last time I ever went back to see him!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

This doctor is incredibly rude and condescending. He didn't listen to what I had to say. And treated me like I was stupid.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Love it very caring no problems will stay as long as I can

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

I have never met a man who tries to help so many people, great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

I have had Dr. Vargas as a family doctor for over 40 years. He has diagnosed many problems, that have been done by specialist also. The difference was in cost of his office price and the way over priced specialist. Same diagnosis. More than once.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Ignore all these idiots I have been seeing dr Vargas for over 15 years he is a verry good doctor who uses common sense along with a vast knowledge of medicine due to his years of experience.he is not afraid to tell you how it is. witch is why the bad mother ranted and the high on got cut off.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I've been going to Dr V for 31 years. He used to be a caring Dr but has turned into nothing but a script writer. He's has been overdosing me on Oxy for years and then tried to yank them from me when my insurance changed all because he or his staff did not have time to waste with faxing a pre authorization. He gets people addicted to meds, then cut's them off cold turkey. He's rude!, always yelling at someone, and he always makes me feel like I'm wasting his time. I tried to ask him a simple question about my health and he slammed my file on his leg as he walked out yelling I don't have time for this! I'm in the process of trying to find another Dr. who will take me as a new patient and can't wait for the day I get to fire him!! 31 years and he treats me like****, not to mention the sexual harassment which I won't even get into here. This man in only in it for the money and will not even accept cash patients because insurance pays more!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr. John E. Vargas's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1967)

AHC