Ratings for Dr. John E. Vargas

Dr. Vargas and his staff have always been courteous. He is knowledgeable and I respect his opinions and options that he gives for any medications. Because the office doesn't take app't, you may wait a bit, but the wait is never that long!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Was seeing him. Not seeing him now. He over prescribe narcotic meds. Won't do follow ups after a auto accident. But makes claims to Medicare and Medicaid. What's the difference in making a follow up to Auto insurance? Something very wrong there!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. John for over 20 yrs now. He is a very kind and caring man. He also cared for my daughter when she was alive, and even came to the funeral home after she passed away. I have the utmost respect for him, and his staff is the absolute best

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

The doc n his staff are #1!! They always help amd are concerned- period! Have had 3serious health problems n doc got me to specialists every time n always followed up! He gets you Always to rite Dr specializing in problem n follows up till its fixed. Office n rest best n friendly!!! If u not happy w/them , then You have the problem!! My whole family is Surgeons, Fam docs, " shrinks", and pharm professors- highly successful- and all know how much Dr Vargas n whole staff have been the Best!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Was told for about six months my persistent cough was due to allergies and bronchitis. A chest x-ray was never done and I didn't know I had to ask for one. Turns out I have a mass in my lung that's caused it to collapse and it's closing off my bronchial tube and more than likely it's lung cancer.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

This doctor is incredibly rude and condescending. He didn't listen to what I had to say. And treated me like I was stupid.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Love it very caring no problems will stay as long as I can

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

I have never met a man who tries to help so many people, great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

I have had Dr. Vargas as a family doctor for over 40 years. He has diagnosed many problems, that have been done by specialist also. The difference was in cost of his office price and the way over priced specialist. Same diagnosis. More than once.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Ignore all these idiots I have been seeing dr Vargas for over 15 years he is a verry good doctor who uses common sense along with a vast knowledge of medicine due to his years of experience.he is not afraid to tell you how it is. witch is why the bad mother ranted and the high on got cut off.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. John E. Vargas's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1967)

• BCBS Illinois