Ratings for Dr. Barry J. Kaplan

I am here to tell people who have complaints with this doctor is usually they fail to listen or read the proper agreements. Dr Kaplan did my breast augmentation 8 years ago and he did amazing job. They look so natural that people do not believe there fake. Not going to lie I love the natural look. I was very scared to stay awake during this procedure, but between him and his staff they took very very good care of me. I could not be happier with my results and plan on using him again for the next. If you listen to him in your initial consultation weather it be health concerns he will tell you what you need to do or can't do. I am a smoker and he told me I had to stop weeks in advance. He made it a huge point if I came in the day of surgery smelling like a cigarette they he would not perform the surgery. That's a doctor who actually cares about you and your health and his work all together. I highly recommend him to any one.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I have a mini tuck coming up this Thursday and I am super excited. I've had two consults with Dr. Kaplan and I was pleased. He talked to me like a human. Actually, I appreciated his opinions. People see us differently than the way we perceive ourselves. His staff Tammy and Lisa have answered and have been patient with my many questions. I know my results are going to be awesome!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I would not recommend him for tummy tucks you won't be please with your results. He's dishonest in his procedure recommendations, which is sad. He did a mini tummy tuck on my friend and other doctors have confirm this. And he is claiming to have done a full tummy tuck. For $8000 I feel bad she was ripped off by someone who she should have been able to trust.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Barry J. Kaplan

Dr. Barry J. Kaplan's response
I am not certain that I know who your friend may be, but she should talk to me personally. I perform the appropriate amount of surgery for each individual patient case at rates that are competitive (if not lower) with other plastic surgeons. Additionally, any patient who had an extensive type of surgery will need to allow several months to pass before the final results can be known. A week is simply not enough time to fully judge those results. Communicating expectations with the surgeon before surgery can avoid any disappointment felt immediately post-op. Also, sometimes there is a difference between a patient's perception and the evidence of successful treatment results. Please tell her to give my office a call so that I may directly address her concerns. I would be happy to speak with her.

Submitted March 6, 2015

I went to Dr. Kaplan for breast augmentation. He lacked professionalism, however I decided to go with him due to him using local, not general, anesthesia. He advised me to go off a medication I was taking, and I listened to his questionable advice. I ended up in the ER the day before surgery. I had already paid $3,999 in cash. I had a letter from the ER doctor stating I should not be operated on- and by that time, I knew I shouldn't use him anyway. When I called his office, they said I could not be reimbursed at all. I made an appointment to see him- the only thing he would do is let me reschedule my surgery with him for $800 MORE. This man is a fraud. I never got any percentage of my $3,999 back.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Barry J. Kaplan

Dr. Barry J. Kaplan's response
At this time, I do not know who you may be, but I am very careful to instruct patients to check with their prescribing physician prior to changing or stopping any medication. There are some medications that cannot be taken with local anesthesia surgery and that's why we discuss this. We inform all potential patients in writing prior to their consultation- and they sign in acknowledgement- that a scheduled surgery payment is non- refundable. Under extraordinary circumstances, we can move the date, but otherwise there is a fee for changing with less than five days' notice. We do this as otherwise there would be two to four hour gaps in our schedule and a practice cannot be run this way. Our policy is upfront and clearly stated and no one is forced to use our services, but if one does, this is our policy. Please give us a call so that we can properly address all of the issues you raised here.

Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr Kaplan and his wonderful staff took amazing care of me. They are knowledgeable and caring. Tammy is the best. I would recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Kaplan Cosmetic Surgery is a wonderful office. I have been seeing Dr. Kaplan for over 5 years now for my Botox and as well a surgery in the past. I couldn't imagine having anyone else do my treatments! The staff is so friendly and welcoming!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I had all of my consults with DR. KAPLAN, I felt comfortable to get my very first surgery which was a long wanted and wished for Breast Augmentation. He advised me that I would need a lift afterwards and that at least I would have volume. I was satisfied with his recommendation. When surgery actually performed he did not show up! I had no idea who the doctor was that performed my surgery. I had never met with him or was told about him!! I still went ahead and allowed Dr. YEE KIN perform my surgery. I have a nerve on my left breast damaged! And my breast look really awkward. I wasted my time and endured some pain.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I went in for a consultation for injectables with Kaplan and got another doctor (because Kaplan wasn't there - nurse said there was a mix-up). I really liked the doctor I saw for the consult so I booked my inject appt with him. But when I got to my appt, it was with Kaplan...which surprised me but I went ahead with the appt. My results are poor...I got Radiesse for my laugh lines and botox between my brows. After two weeks I have NO change from the Radiesse and the botox has caused my left eyelid to droop (according to what I have read, this can last up to 3 months!). I sent a photo to the nurse and told her to have the doctor call me. She called me to say that Kaplan called in a prescription for eyedrops - but he never called me personally.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Dr. Kaplan and staff were awesome...I feel so secure with myself now and feel amazing.. wonderful job everyone at Kaplan cosmetics...carrie

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

The dr. did a phone consul w/ me since I live sooo far away. He was great w/ answering all my questions and didn't mind if I bothered him if any more questions or concerns came up. His staff is super helpful as well. He has a main coordinator and scheduler who is phenomenal w/ helping you set everything up especially if you have to fly in. She is super helpful w/ everything! They are great w/ bedside manners and just overall in general.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Dr. Barry J. Kaplan's Credentials

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 19131 (Grad. 1976)

MB Health