Ratings for Dr. Melanie A. Quartermain

Dr. Q is the best doctor! The staff is professional. I don't expect them to chat and joke around. They are dealing with a lot all day long, and so I understand if they are sometimes brisk. I have been seeing Dr. Q for over 9 years. My family (including two small children), has always received the best care here. We moved a few years ago and still drive back to Kitchener to see her. We've also been happy with the care of the group of doctors that work with Dr. Quartermain, whom we've seen on occasion throughout the 9 years, during the on-call hours.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Rudest receptionists!! No people skills. Doctor Quartermain is great.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Doctor Quartermaine is fantastic. She makes each of her patients feel welcome and explains everything that's going on well. She is very personable and works to make sure you understand what's going on with your health and how to maintain/make it better.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

She forgot about me in her office - twice - but apologized. Good doctor, unfriendly staff. Would it hurt to crack a smile when they call your name??

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

She is a good, knowledgeable, professional doctor. Solved the serious health problem I had, that is all that matters to me. Doctor is not your mother and not your friend to listen to your whining wipe your nose. Doctor is there to solve your health issues. Dr. Quartermain does it well.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Very rude staff!!! They wont listen to what you have to say, hangs up the phone on you while your talking to them, I couldnt even get an answer for what I called!! Worst place ever and bad schedule!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

My husband & I have been patients for 6 yrs. We both LOVE Dr. Q! She is very thorough! In defence of negative comments on this site, she has a "straight, get to the point attitude", as do I, and I love that about her. Once you get to know her, you will feel her warmth and caring. She also encourages patients to be pro-active with their health. If you are neglecting your health in some way, she will call you on it, which I appreciate! If she is late for your appt, it is because she took extra needed time with previous patients, however I have never felt I waited excessively long as was the case with my previous doctors. The staff are great (especially the nurses!). The odd receptionist may appear uncaring and rushed, however that is likely because they are incredibly busy. I don't believe that coddling patients should be at the top of their priority list (apologies for the sarcasim). We are moving and need to find a new G.P. - we will dearly miss Dr. Q!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I have been a patient for over 5 years, she is without a doubt the best Dr I ever had. She always takes time to listen and answer my questions. She is truly wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr.Quartermain is one of the best doctor I have. She spends time with patient, explains the situation and gives you clearly idea what you need to do.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Worst doc/staff i have ever come in contact with. Of the 4 appointments I had with this doc only once was i seen within 30 mins of my scheduled appt; the other 3 thet were moved to a later date or i had to wait over an hour to be seen. Staff very rude ignore you if they can. The doc takes her time to see you once in the room and leaves the room as soon as she can so you dont question her. Hate this doc office with a passion i have since left her and i am being 100% honest when i went to tell her that i was no longer her patient her staff member actaully said thats to bad sarcastically and handed me a bill for $50 to switch my info. and the $116 lost was for the day at work i lost because i was sitting in her waiting room waiting to be seen and the doc was behind schedule right! worst doc ever!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011