Ratings for Dr. Harel Deutsch

Amazing work, very friendly, his whole team is just fantastic!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I had three protruded discs; L3/L4, L4/L5, L5/S1. I was having pain down my left leg and trouble urinating. Of the three discs, only L4/L5 was severe. One doctor went so far as wanting to do a three vertebrae laminectomy and spinal fusion. I'm 28 years old! Yeesh. Dr. Deutsch recognized that virtually 100% of the issue was coming from the L4/L5 disc, and a minimally invasive procedure addressing only one vertebrae should relieve symptoms. Boy was he right. The second I woke up, the issue had been resolved. I could barely walk or function beforehand, and I walked out of the hospital the same day as the surgery. Dr. Deutsch has undoubtedly done his homework. He speaks and carries himself with the confidence of a man that is extremely well read. While it may have been a very scary experience for me, I gained so much faith the second I met him given that I could tell he's in the upper echelon of what he does. You're in good hands with Dr. Deutsch. The man's definitely put in his time at the library.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I’m writing this review the day after surgery. I was very fortunate in that I only had the excruciating pain for 6 weeks before surgery, but if you are ever thinking about having back surgery, or need to have back surgery, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Harel Deutsch and having the surgery performed at Rush University. I don’t care if he’s not warm and fuzzy during the appointment, I want someone who has the brains, hands, and experience to open my back up and fix the disc, and I got that with Dr. Deutsch. I was referred to him by a family friend in November, and was fortunate to be put on their high priority appointment cancellation list. I’ll never know the name of the person who cancelled their 9:30am appointment on Wednesday December 7th, but I can’t thank you enough. If I knew who you were, I would send you the biggest Christmas fruit basket. I was able to get in and see Dr. Deutsch and due to my severe condition (bulging disc at L5/S1, radiating, throbbing, shooting sciatic pain down my left leg from butt to toe) he scheduled me for surgery on Monday December 12th. His nurse Candice came in and was awesome getting my physical and bloodwork scheduled at Rush THAT DAY so I didn’t have to go do it anywhere else. I went in for surgery at 11:30am and walked to my Mom’s car for the drive home at 5pm, that’s how fast it was. The recovery nurses did an amazing job feeding me what I call the Southwest Airlines meal (Ginger Ale and crackers), monitored my vitals, and took great care of me. After being in post op recovery for 45 minutes I was wheeled down to a bay where I could see my Mom. I was able to stand up and get off the gurney and sit in a chair to talk with my Mom without any leg pain. After 15 minutes the nurse had me get up and walk to the bathroom down the hall, use it, and walk back. At that point I was discharged. Today, Dr. Deutsch personally called me to check and see how I was doing and I told him that it’s euphoric. I can walk around my place with no leg pain, and there is just a little tenderness at the incision spot. I was able to shower today for the first time in 6 weeks and enjoyed eating food again. Thanks to all of the great people at Rush, Dr. Deutsch, your surgical team, and all of the nurses. I hope I never have to have a surgery of any kind ever again, but if I do, you have a patient for life. Happy Holidays to everyone at Rush!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I went to Dr. Deutsch in 2005 following two failed lumbar surgeries. He explained everything clearly and said he believed a had a 90% chance of recovery with the fusion procedure. It's been more than a decade and I still have no pain from that fusion. Dr. Deutsch and I bonded on that day. Anytime I am told I need back surgery...I go directly to him. If he thinks it is not going to help, he has told me so. But when he felt that surgery would be a benefit in treating my problem...he said so. He does not operate to operate. Every procedure he did he first offered other options, most of which had already been presented by my internist. Dr Deutch is a carrying doctor who wants to help patients make the right choices. Surgery is not always the best option, but when it is, Dr, Deutsch is your Surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I have medicare & i feel like there is discrimination in who is seen by whom. Unbelievable that I have to fight to be seen sooner by the Neurosurgery practice , only to be denied an appointment 2 hours before the appointment time. I wanted to be seen as soon as possible by a Neurosurgeon specialist, but I was called by the practice clerks -nurses, being told that there were no second opinions allowed. I was NOT seeking a second opinion. I had NOT seen Dr. DEUTSCH before at all for my cervical spine (only for limbo sacral spine). I never felt so rudely turned away due to my degenerative disc disease disabilty, history of lumbar fusions x3. So sad that medical practices discriminate against patients for unknown reasons

Submitted August 1, 2016

I had surgery and all me back pain was gone. Dr Deutsch is great!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

after several surgeries at another hospital, I saw Dr. Deutsch. He diagnosed my problem and he performed surgery that finally resulted in my pain going away. I wish I saw Dr. Deutsch earlier.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Sent for a independent medical exam in september that lasted 10 minutes. He turned everything around in his report. Obviously makes his money this way and doesn't care about a patient's pain.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Horrible doctor. Don't waste your time. He makes you feel as though you are wasting his. He needs to experience a severe back injury them let's see how he feels. NO BEDSIDE MANNER AT ALL.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I wouldn't recommend him to know one all he cares about is the money and not his patients

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Harel Deutsch's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)