Ratings for Dr. Leonard V. Gioia

Not sure why all the low ratings. I guess people just come here to complain. I've been seeing Dr. Gioia for many years and he's really helped me manage my blood sugar.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

i highly reccomend that no one goes to this dr. I had the WORST experiene ever.... i have not seen a dr. more rude/uncaring. I am in the health field myself and i was in utter shock leaving the office. he degraded me as a patient instead of making me feel comfortable with my health issue...he dosent even look at your face when talking...WAY too serious....old school....this guy needs to retire asap...cant wait for drs like him to be erradicated from the health field.......i'd rather go to my primary care doctor than see him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Didn't like his manner. I asked questions that he wouldn't answer! Didn't feel comfortable with him!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Very competent but becomes stubborn and petulant when challenged or questioned. Don't recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

I gave this doctor a list of symptoms, also all test results, thryroid is enlarged with cysts growing and I have constant sore throat, my reg t3 & t4 test came back normal, therefore there is nothing wrong according to him, I asked him to run more tests, antibodies, etc. he refused. I asked my Rheumatologist to run them and they are very high...getting a new doctor

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Leonard V. Gioia's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1976)