Ratings for Dr. Wouter Schievink

Stay away from this cruel, arrogant man. I'd recommend literally anyone else. This man knowingly allowed me to deteriorate.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

This doctor should be brought up on investigation along with his affiliates Dr. Grey and Dr. Carrol. These doctors started a facebook support group which is collecting data on unknowing group members. The admistrators of the page direct everyone to go to these doctors and offer false hope. Also there are doctors in the group on facebook without the knowledge of group members. They post maps for group members to pin their location along with what type of leak they have all to collect case study info. The administrators of this page work on getting new patients to go to this doctor. For 5 years i watched people literally go broke flying out to california multiple times bc they are being told no one else can perform blood patches or treatment for csf leaks!! This is a lie and a scam. Almost 80% of the patients are never fixed and the doctor pushes for more images, treatments etc.. He claims he is the only one that knows how to do this!!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Very confident Doctor and when your getting Brain surgery, you definitely want that. I had a Tumor in 2009 . He handled it. No problems. I'm doing great thus far. Very thankful.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Excellent ! Repaired two dural tears!! Excellent care and terrific bed side manner as well as compassion.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Highly skilled surgeon! Performed surgery to clip an aneurysm for my daughter-in-law; later inserted a shunt to drain off excess fluid. Both surgeries were successful and we are very grateful to this exceptionally gifted surgeon. His office staff are friendly, efficient, punctual, caring and very professional. Follow-ups included visits to the ICU at Cedars-Sinai and an in office appointment later. All of us in the family appreciated Dr. Schievink's confident, professional manner, and the time he spent answering all our questions.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr Schievink performed a blood patch on my 12 year old daughter. She had spinal fusion surgery 6 months ago and developed a dural tear which resulted in a CSF leak. Dr. Schievink came highly recommended to us by her spine surgeon. He knew instantly what she was suffering from, ordering another MRI and scheduling the blood patch procedure a few days later. Success!!! She had the procedure done and left the hospital headache free, she is back to her old self finally! Thank you Dr. Schievink and your incredible staff for being so caring, kind, and most of all for your amazing expertise and knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I flew in from out of town and had to miss my flight twice. I waited for HOURS and HOURS. His staff was rude, he IS rude. I had brain surgery and there was NO follow through after surgery. This man does not care about his patients. You can tell that you mean nothing as a human being when you visit this Doctor. I am even worse than before. Pull out your pocket book and let the Doctor and staff at Cedars Sinai bleed you until you are dry and leave you suffering. I can not even believe he is in business.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Schievink performed brain surgery on me, and I am eternally grateful for his skill, care, and judgement of my condition. I am physically in a much better place that before the surgery. If you find yourself in need of a Neurosurgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Schievink.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

All I can say is that this angel saved my life after my aneurysm in my brain exploded. I first met him on the operating room and now see him every year in his office. All the people in his office are so helpful.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

This neurosurgeon is the most knowledge person we have met on our problem of csf leaking. He is very down to earth and saved my life by fixing a leak i got after a car accident. Highly recommended. Hospital is very nice too.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Dr. Wouter Schievink's Credentials

• Univ Van Amsterdam, Fac Der Geneeskunde, Amsterdam, Netherlands (Grad. 1989)