Ratings for Dr. Wouter Schievink

Excellent ! Repaired two dural tears!! Excellent care and terrific bed side manner as well as compassion.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Highly skilled surgeon! Performed surgery to clip an aneurysm for my daughter-in-law; later inserted a shunt to drain off excess fluid. Both surgeries were successful and we are very grateful to this exceptionally gifted surgeon. His office staff are friendly, efficient, punctual, caring and very professional. Follow-ups included visits to the ICU at Cedars-Sinai and an in office appointment later. All of us in the family appreciated Dr. Schievink's confident, professional manner, and the time he spent answering all our questions.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr Schievink performed a blood patch on my 12 year old daughter. She had spinal fusion surgery 6 months ago and developed a dural tear which resulted in a CSF leak. Dr. Schievink came highly recommended to us by her spine surgeon. He knew instantly what she was suffering from, ordering another MRI and scheduling the blood patch procedure a few days later. Success!!! She had the procedure done and left the hospital headache free, she is back to her old self finally! Thank you Dr. Schievink and your incredible staff for being so caring, kind, and most of all for your amazing expertise and knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I flew in from out of town and had to miss my flight twice. I waited for HOURS and HOURS. His staff was rude, he IS rude. I had brain surgery and there was NO follow through after surgery. This man does not care about his patients. You can tell that you mean nothing as a human being when you visit this Doctor. I am even worse than before. Pull out your pocket book and let the Doctor and staff at Cedars Sinai bleed you until you are dry and leave you suffering. I can not even believe he is in business.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Schievink performed brain surgery on me, and I am eternally grateful for his skill, care, and judgement of my condition. I am physically in a much better place that before the surgery. If you find yourself in need of a Neurosurgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Schievink.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

All I can say is that this angel saved my life after my aneurysm in my brain exploded. I first met him on the operating room and now see him every year in his office. All the people in his office are so helpful.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

This neurosurgeon is the most knowledge person we have met on our problem of csf leaking. He is very down to earth and saved my life by fixing a leak i got after a car accident. Highly recommended. Hospital is very nice too.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

This man and his staff are con artists. I spent a total of 5 minutes with him. I have never met a more arrogant man or have been treated worse with no follow up after brain surgery. This Docor and his staff will not follow up on you when post-operative problems occur. YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN!!!!! Cherry is a joke. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE. If you have any dignity, do not go to him or his crazy staff. Find another brain surgeon if you want to be treated with respect.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

Traveled from Maine to receive help after suffering with a spontaneous csf leak for 2 1/2 years. Dr's in ME couldn't help me. He preformed surgery and gave me back my life. He and his staff were top notch. I have been headache free for 2 years!!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2010

I travelled from out of state to see Dr. Schievink for a chronic spinal fluid leak I developed from an combined spinal/epidural during childbirth that didn't go well. I have undergone 3 high volume blood patches with him, a fibrin glue patch and finally surgical repair of the tear in my dura which was successful. Dr. Schievink is probably one of the most knowledgeable doctors in the country about this condition. I thank him for giving me my life back. I would encourage anyone dealing with a csf leak (whether spontaneous or traumatic from a puncture) to contact him.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

Dr. Wouter Schievink's Credentials

• Univ Van Amsterdam, Fac Der Geneeskunde, Amsterdam, Netherlands (Grad. 1989)