Ratings for Dr. James W. Smith

My daughter has Crohns Disease and we were referred to Dr. Smith by our local gastro dr. She ended up having surgery because nothing worked to get her well. He referred us to an excellent surgeon in N.O. and we absolutley loved both drs. We never have to wait when we go in to see Dr. Smith and this is very important to me since we have and 2 and 1/2 hour drive. I absolutely love this doctor!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

Dr. Smith is the best GI I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He shows a genuine interest in my well-being. He never rushes our appointments, allowing me the opportunity to discuss my current condition with him at length. He is open to my suggestions on how to proceed with my treatment. We usually discuss the latest research on how to treat my stubborn case of Crohn's. He never hesitates in referring me to specialists as needed. His RN does a good job of communicating with me and works diligently to get me an appointment on short notice if I am experiencing a flare-up. Dr. Smith is someone I completely trust when it comes to my course of treatment in my ongoing battle with Crohn's Disease.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2008

Dr. James W. Smith's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1981)

Commercial Insurance Company