Ratings for Dr. Raymond J. Hu

Office staff can't handle phone questions. The doctor, other than being forgetful, having a policy of seeing a patient every ten(10) minutes, could be just the doctor you are looking for. You'll need to be very patient.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Went for a checkup and asked about a dark mole on my temple. He told me not to worry about it. A few weeks later I went to my urologist and he told me I really should get the mole checked. So, I went to my dermatologist and had it removed. found out it was a level 3 melanoma. If I would have taken his advice to "not worry about it" I could possibly ended up dying.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Very caring doctor and very thorough. The staff in kind and understanding.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Dr. Hu and his office staff are great. They make me feel welcome everytime I'm there. After being a patient for the past 20 years, I can't imagine going anywhere else. Dr. Hu is very attentive to my needs and is very personable. I agree that the office is usually running behind (15-20 minutes), but that's because he is a popular doctor who spends the time needed with his patients. I think he's worth the wait. In my experience, make your appointment first thing in the morning, right after lunch, or at the end of the day and you won't have to wait as long.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Dr. hu is why our insurance cost are so high. He will milk the insurance companies and you for doing nothing. Then if you dispute a inappropriate charge, he will not deal with you any more, he will tell you he and his associates, Dr. Tyree and Dr Schoch will not treat you any more.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Dr. Hu referred me to a specialist because he could not help me, when the specialist took over and did the operation, Dr. Hu shows up at the hospital making his rounds, I did not need or want him, he stopped in, did nothing, turned around and left and charged me and my insurance major $$$$$ for doing nothing.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

Dr.Hu has been my doctor for the last 16 years. I would not think about using another doctor. I have had some bad experiences at other Doctors, but the 16 years he has been my doctor, i have not been let down once by him or his staff! keep it up!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

(I'm a heart patient)He's pro-active, knowledgeable, personable, conversational, and up-to-date with his analyses and treatment protocols, from my perspective. I think he knows his stuff! I was hesitant and apprehensive at first, since I didn't want to switch doctors (but had to). Can't believe the negative comments are about the same doctor! Only occasionally has the wait been anything but prompt for me, but I usually go early-to-mid mornings. Why assume running late is HIS doing?

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

Dr. Hu and his staff are awesome! They are knoledgable and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Went in for exam waited for almost 30 minutes in the exam room, for the doctor to show up. I went in with back problems & he told me I had IBS? I dont think back problems had anything to do with irritable bowl syndrome. So then refered me to a PT even though i have been going to one for months & it clearly wasn't helping. Was very sarcastic the whole time & sent me on my way in 5 minutes after he told me "You LOOK healthy" He was too busy to even care. I would not recomend this doctor. As for the staff...also too busy to care. Told me files would be ready for pick up when i got there, a week before i even came to pick them up, then none of the staff even knew where they placed them untill 30 minutes later. Bad experiance...will need to see another doctor. Was very dissapointed after i heard good things about this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Dr. Raymond J. Hu's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Multiplan