Ratings for Dr. Douglas M. Addy

Awesome doctor for mothers and expecting also military families.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

I've been seeing him for about 12 years. He's delivered 3 babies and did my mothers hysterectomy recently. He's thoughtful, gentle and professional in all he does.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I've been seeing him for 14 years. Even though this practice has really grown, he hasn't changed much other than some grey hairs. He always listens, and I've always gotten very reasonable and thoughtful opinions from him. I am very grateful for all he's done to help me through my life

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

He is kind and compassionate, he explains information in a easy and simple way. He never makes you feel like a question is dumb or he's too busy, he cares it shows. He has performed a major surgery on me and then successfully delivered with healthy children. I trust this doctor with my life and would highly recommend him to everyone regardless of color or nationality, with Dr Addy you are treated with dignity and respect.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I've been with Dr Addy for 15 years now. He is the best doctor I've ever met and a wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Dr. Addy is amazing! You can tell he cares about his patients and takes time to talk with them on a personal level. He doesn't emphasize on all the bad things that can happen during the pregnancy but he also doesn't sugar coat it when we have to discuss things. Being 41, I already had a high chance of problems and we did discuss some of those. But he was rooting for us and you could tell he was pleased every time we had a good outcome. Unfortunately, our last office visit ended in heartache, and although it's very tough for me to write this, I felt it was important to let other ladies know how much of a stand up Doctor this man is. He was so kind and gentle in talking with us about the next step, he was very discreet and didn't make us go through check out or wait around for anything. At the end of our meeting he had tears in his eyes; how humbling. That has to be the hardest part of his job and I could tell he was very genuine with his feelings. He also called me at the end of the day to see how I was doing. I have never experienced this with a doctor before. I would highly highly recommend Dr. Addy to anyone! The staff: Lauren who was our first point of contact to make the initial appointment was awesome. She went the extra mile for us when we asked if we could come in before the initial 8 week visit. We had medications to discuss with the doctor and were concerned from complications in the past. The office manager (never got her name) was not going to allow it until we asked to speak with her. She never did get on the phone with us but told Lauren to book a consult appointment. Lauren literally ran around that office for us that day and it wasn't until we came in that I could truly appreciate this. The office is huge and a maze. The receptionists were always kind and organized. Rarely had to wait to get checked in. Sheron and Roz were incredible in taking my blood. We had a little bond going with Sheron from the beginning, she was so sweet and always hugged us when she saw us in the office. Her and Roz were fun and professional. Got the vein on the 1st try every time. Olivia and Elizabeth were very informative and took their time with us when getting the ultrasounds. I feel for Elizabeth as she did our last ultrasound. Another bad part of the job but she was so unbelievably professional about it. She didn't stop right away, she kept looking for a good outcome. She brought Dr. Addy in to have a 2nd pair of eyes and to console us. Lisa, Dr. Addy's nurse was very nice and personable. Monique (I think that was her name) was the triage nurse and was very responsive and super sweet. We met her on our way out of the office one day. She approached us, wanting to put a face with the name, she gave us a hug as we were walking out. And the checkout ladies were organized and professional as well. Other than the office manager, every single staff member made our visits pleasant and inviting. They treated us like family, not another patient. I would whole heartedly recommend Dr. Addy and the staff in this office. We had the best care!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Kind, compassionate and thorough. Addy is amazing.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

A truly very nice man. I am so comfortable knowing he's helping me with my pregnancy

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

A very kind and thoughtful doctor. I couldn't be more pleased with my choice in physician.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr. Addy is not my personal OB/GYN but he was on call for my MD the night I went into labor. So I met him a couple of hours before I delivered my baby. I was very pleased with my experience. He is very personable and professinal. I did not have the smoothest delivery but Dr. Addy was very skilled at dealing with the complications. He has a nice calming presence in the delivery room. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr. Douglas M. Addy's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)