Ratings for Dr. John R. Tompkins

Dr. Tompkins performed 2 surguries on me. I had a spinal fusion and now I have 0 issues. Could harldy walk before the fusion. A few years later he performed my craniotomy and within 3 days I was sitting on my sofa. Although, I was told that was very unsual to rebound so quick. Jeff Ketzle was equally impressive. Really had a talent for putting me at ease and was extremely knowledgeable as well. Thank you both, Brandon Lutrick

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

REALLY! EVEN THIS ONE STAR IS MORE THAN HE DESERVES TO GET. I'M FIND HIM ONLINE ABOUT 2 MONTH AGO AND MADE SURE HE ACCEPTS MY INSURANCE. THEN I GOT AN APPOINTMENT WITH HIS OFFICE FOR WHICH WAS ABOUT A MONTH WAIT ( UNDERSTANDABLE ) A DAY BEFORE APPOINTMENT THEY CALLED AND CANCELLED MY APPOINTMENT CAUSE THEY SAID DOCTOR HAS AN EMERGENCY SURGERY ( IT HAPPENS RIGHT? ) SO I WAS IN SUCH A BIG PAIN I SAID OK CAN HE POSSIBLY SEE ME IN ABOUT A DAY OR TWO? I DIDN'T CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT AND HE DID AND THEY SAID NO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2 WEEKS AFTER !!!! SO I PATIENTLY WAIT THEY CALLED ME AGAIN THE DAY BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT AND SAID THEY HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE INSURANCE PROVIDER AND THEREFORE THEY CANT SEE ME !!!!! REALLY DOCTOR ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR POCKET AND NOTHING ELSE ??? I'D NEVER EVER DO THIS TO MY CUSTOMERS. THIS IS IMMORAL, INCONSIDERATE AND NOT HUMANLY ACCEPTABLE! YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST OFFER TO SEE ME WITH A OUT OF POCKET DISCOUNT. APPARENTLY YOUR ISSUE WITH THIS INSURANCE COMPANY HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE, ITS NOT FAIR TO CANCEL THE PATIENT AT A VERY LAST MINUTE AFTER THEY WAITED FOR OVER 2 MONTH!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I appreciate Dr. Tompkins attention and help with my spine issues. I would recommend him highly. As far as his staff goes, first I would fire the receptionist who never does what she says she will do. I also had the same problem with them scheduling tests, etc. On Monday morning it is like they have never heard of you. Getting them to return a phone call is impossible and the information you are given is often times incorrect. I believe the medical treatment I received was top notch, but the receptionist's attitude and reluctance to help will perhaps prevent me from continuing this relationship. It is impossible to get past her in order to speak with anyone about anything.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Excellent office, staff, and doctor. Was seen quickly for a sports injury. Great treatment and no more problems. Recommend highly

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Here I am 6 days after visiting the DR's office and his staff hasn't been able to arrainge an apt for an MRI... I called them yesterday and it appears as though my call "reminded" them of their assigned task. In the mean time I take a handfull of narcotics each day and live in significant stenosis generated pain.....

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

Dr. John R. Tompkins's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)