You may also like

Dr. Swistel is amazing! He is bright, warm and extremely knowledgable. His bedside manner is... I can't even think of the word... If you have to get stuck with cancer, he's the guy to see! I was lucky enough to have the tumor removed, and get the one shot dose of radiation at the time of surgery. If you need a breast surgeon, he is the one to see! Also, his staff is phenomenal. : )

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

After two lumpectomies I was referred to Dr. Swistel who helped put me at ease and was able to talk me through my choices calmly. He is very easy to talk to and he answered all my questions. His surgical team and nurses were amazing!!! There were some decisions that could not be made until they removed my tumor but I felt comfortable that he and Dr. Talmor would make the best decision. I could not be happier with the results and would highly recommend consulting with Dr. Swistel and his team.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Swistel was one of three surgeons that I consulted with. He was the best choice by far because of his prescreening which included an MRI and his progressive techinques during the surgery. Dr. Swistel made a stressful situation bearable with his caring and uplifting attitude. He is easy to speak to and to get a hold of when you need him. Any one in need of breast surgery should definitely consult with Dr. Swistel. With his surgical knowledge you may be able to avoid having additonal surgery or additional post surgical treatments. Unfortunately I had to rate the office punctuality as Poor because I waited over an hour for my first appointment and almost an hour for my post surgical appointment but I would not hesitate to do it again. Dr. Swistel is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr Alexander Swistel is my all time favorite doctor. He preformed a lumpectomy on me with the removal of more than 15 nodes. I have no problems with lymphedema due to his stupendous surgical techniques and very little scarring, his incision placement in my axillary area as well as my breast are barely detectable a year later. His kindness, accessibility and abilities are renowned for a good reason. He answered all my questions and was available when I needed help. He had no problem giving me his number and email. That meant so much to me. I was having a very rough time when I went to him and am so grateful for my experience under his care. His bedside manner is phenomenal. He is a gem and I wish more doctors were like him. The staff in his office does a great job with scheduling, call back and check up after surgery. The thing I didn't like was having to walk around in public hallway at the hospital in my pre-surgical gown and slippers before surgery. It felt unsanitary. Otherwise A+++

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Dr. Swistel is an amazing person. I sent him an email and he responded promptly without ever having seen me before. He gave me an appointment an hour before his office hours within 36 hours of my email. He made sure I did not leave the building without a mammography and biopsy being done that day. He called me from home with results and was wonderful as we walked this process together. What is an awful diagnosis was made bearable by this man and his staff. He continues to make sure that patient care is first and foremost. If I have a question or problem he is the one I call. I have recommended family and friends tohim and believe he is the best at what he does.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

He is a wonderful doctor. Caring, extremely knowledgeable. He answers all questions, gives you the time needed and answers his phone off hours if you have questions. Puts you at ease. In addition to being a great surgeon, he understands that women don't want scars (if possible). His technique left no scar whatsoever. And his staff is so helpful.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

He is the best as well as being a professional and caring doctor, while very humble. I went to a few doctors and as soon as I met him it was a no brainer. He takes the time to explain the procedure and makes each patient feel special. Besides saving my life, he works like a plastic surgeon and even other doctors remark about his work. I have recommended him to several people and my mom as well and they all agree. His staff is also wonderful and helpful. He is one in a million! Thank you Dr. Swistel! CG

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Dr. Alexander J. Swistel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1975)

GHI

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Swistel is amazing! He is bright, warm and extremely knowledgable. His bedside manner is... I can't even think of the word... If you have to get stuck with..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Brilliant , gorgeous, great bedside manor, phenomenal, and 100 fabulous adjectives."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After two lumpectomies I was referred to Dr. Swistel who helped put me at ease and was able to talk me through my choices calmly. He is very easy to talk to an..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Swistel was one of three surgeons that I consulted with. He was the best choice by far because of his prescreening which included an MRI and his progressiv..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Swistel is an amazingly wonderful doctor/surgeon who is very knowledgable , kind and caring ."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A kind and very knowledgable doctor. He performed an excellent surgery and was sensitive to my wishes"

December 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=868045'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 6, 2014