Ratings for Dr. Ania I. Kowalik

I've had a phenomenal experience with Dr. Kowalik thus far. Her knowledge and bedside manner is second to none. She always takes time during my visits to explain everything to me to make sure I always understand what's happening with my body. She is sensitive to what we are going through. She is warm but also honest. She doesn't sugar coat anything, if there's something wrong she tells us. As a patient I understand the odds, and how many cycles it can take to achieve a successful pregnancy. Unfortunately there is an expense associated with that. I've read through some of these posts, and I strongly disagree with the comments that state she's only interested in money. She's won numerous awards and is listed as not only one of the best fertility specialists in Boston, but in the country. I strongly recommend her to anyone who's about to embark on the fertility journey. You won't find a better doctor than her.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Kowalik is more interested in her pocketbook than helping her patients. My wife and I have been extremely disappointed with the care we received from her even though we went to her based on the recommendation of a friend. After multiple unsuccessful cycles we sought a second opinion only to be diagnosed with a condition that prevented implantation. She was asking me about what I thought about the protocols (I guess I am the one with a MD suffix after my name). Do yourself a favor - trying to have a baby is very personal and emotional process. Find yourself another physician. Dr Kowalik talks a good talk but when it comes to results alot to be desired.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I came to Dr. Kowalick after a failed IVF cycle at another clinic. While she didn't sugar coat anything, she was sensitive about my concerns. She was honest about my chances given my age. When she looked at how my previous cycle went, she could see the protocol wasn't right for me. So she put me on a different protocol.I had better results. She knows her stuff! She understands the difference between quality vs. quantity. Her expertise is exceptional. Her bedside manner is memorable because of how sensitive she was with my concerns. I mean she actually me called me personally to make sure I understood and was comfortable with everything. Before coming to her, I didn't know someone could be treated so well by a doctor. Her partners were also helpful. The FSNE embryology lab with Director Michael Lee gave it their all for my case. FSNE is a high caliber team who really wants to see it happen for you. I highly recommend them!!!

Submitted January 5, 2014

Staff is great, professional and tries to put your mind at ease. Nurses respond quickly to calls. I have had to page the Dr on call and that MD called Dr Kowalik for me to double check something and Dr Kowalik herself "not on call" called me back within 30 minutes at 7pm! Both MD's were very pleasant and said "please call back any time if you have questions, we are all in this together and good luck!" Really I can not believe that paging a MD on call would ever be that nice:) Dr. Kowalik thinks outside the box and does not follow a cookie cutter program for everyone. From my very first visit I felt like she really listened and that I was a person and not a number. A+++

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

She just doesn't care about her patients, but the money! She is not compassionate,b ut. I can tell because I tried her for my treatment for over 2 years, then I realized that was not worth the money!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Been with fertility solutions for 7 months, saw dr kowalik only twice. Initial consultation& treatment plan. Very brief and not tailor to my issue. Have to suggest my procedures/treatment plans (why the heck am I seeing her). The staff are extremely rude. I called to ask nurse regarding results, was told by the receptionist both nurses are extremely busy,and will call me when they have time. I suggested I will call back, the receptionist after speaking to someone told me to call back at 4:30p. Hmmm...the clinic closes at 4:00p!!!! Which I found out when their answering service pick up. Terrible terrible.....

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I love Dr. Kowalik and the other doctors in her office. I went through a lot of tests in the beginning after 4.5 years of not getting pregnant. My first IUI was a success, however it ended at 8 weeks. The loss was horrible, however, she was the first person I wanted to go see after the D&C to get started again. I think she is kind, warm, and caring. She is doing everything she can to find out what happened and to make sure it doesn't happen again. She brings hope and promise to my world, I just wish she could be my doctor through my whole pregnancy!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Unprofessional, cold, rude, would not call back, gave wrong information regarding medications, gave wrong information regarding procedures was billing both insurance and me personally, find another group of doctors! do not waste your time here....

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

I never finished my treatments my laposcopy surgery went wrong and the staff was hesitant to give me my medical records while Dr. Ania Kowalik was pushing me to go forward when the fibriod i went in for to get removed was never removed and Im still having issue's two years later!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

I am using Dr. Kowalik for the second time after one successful IVF with her. She is fantastic as are all the doctors in her practice. I find her smart, helpful, and supportive and I never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Ania I. Kowalik's Credentials

• SUNY at Stony Brook Medical School (Grad. 1991)

Veterans Administration