Ratings for Dr. Tapan K. Daftari

What can I say, I was referred to Dr. Daftari by a friend in the same practice. I had severe pain in my lower back and leg. I am a post polio patient and require a wheelchair, this only aggravated my situation. After a nine hour surgery, I am pain free. What better recommendation can you give. To me he is the best, and his PA's and staff are too.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

I was referred to Dr. Daftari in spring of 2017 for cervical spine issues. Surgery was needed to repair the damage. He and his staff were awesome. That fall, during a post-op check up I was talking about leg/feet issues being treated by another specialist. He said, "I think it is your back." X-rays and a MRI later we discovered my spine had actually separated. Surgery was scheduled for a lumbar fusion that has worked great. I currently recovering from it, but I am able to function in ways that I have not been able to do for several years. I highly recommend him and his staff to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

I was reffered to Dr Daftari after 6 months of trying to avoid surgery to resolve my neck issues. Even though his main thrust is surgery he spent time explaining my condition and why I was experiencing the pain I was. He explained what the surgery involved and what to expect afterward. As well, he explained alternative treatments and expectations that did not involve surgery. Yep, I went with door number one and had a 3 level c5-c7 fusion. The whole experience was great, as surgeries go, and 7 months later every issue caused by the affected area has been resolved. I didn't realise I was always looking down, until I now look out to the horizan. Now when I look to my left my arm doesn't go numb. The muscles in my shoulder don't spasm any more. Dr Daftari will fix you, his talent is in demand and he he expeditiosly does what needs to be done to help as many folks as he can. That said, his staff are more than capable of filling in the blanks and moving you to surgery, recovery and beyond. Dr D is the quarterback, he and his team will assit you with obtaining the best result possible. I highly recommened him.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Dr Daftari performed a Laminectimy and fusion c3-c7. It was his longest surgery ever at 9.5 hours. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and support staff.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I was referred to Dr Tapan K. Daftari for a ruptured L5-S1 disc. Tapan K. Daftari, M.D. and his PA's Jeffrey Hairston and Kenneth Holbrook were excellent. They were a really great team that took their time to sit down with me and explain what needed to be done to get me well. They answered all my questions and gave me confidence in the upcoming surgery. The micro discectomy was a huge success. So far I have had 2 post-op check-ups and everything is right on schedule and looking good. I couldn't be happier with Dr Daftari and his team.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

No thank you. Smug, boastful surgeon who spends five minutes in the room telling you that you need surgery. Then you spend the rest of the time talking to one of his P.A.'s. Move on.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Wonderful staff and service. I was scared but they helped me to understand the entire process and prepared me for the road ahead in a way that I could understand and prepare for myself.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I had a bone spur and degenerative disc disease that was causing intense pain to my right arm. I went through a lot of other MDs before I got to Dr. Daftari. His bedside manner isn't 100% the greatest, but he tells it to you straight and his work is top notch! I had a small plate put in my C-Spine and within 24 hours, ALL my pain was gone and I was walking stairs at the hospital! I had been out of work for 3 months prior to the surgery, and I was back to work in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS! I have had zero pain/complications in the 5 months since my surgery. Dr. Daftari rocks!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr.Daftari is the best surgeon I could've have ever asked for. My case was a workmans comp case and Dr.Daftari fought very hard for me to get the treatment and surgery I desperately needed. We fought for a year and I finally received my surgery. I could not have imagined I would have felt this good so soon after my surgery. Thanks to him I'm now walking straight again and pain free. He is absolutely a doctor who cares about his patients!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I have 3 disc replaced and fusion. Dr. Daftari was great. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Tapan K. Daftari's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1988)

Commercial Insurance Company