Ratings for Dr. Georgine M. Lamvu

Dr. Lamvu is a wonderful doctor who will work with you! She will equip you with the right resources and right team of other doctors on your journey of healing. She is a huge patient advocate. She is very gentle, kind, and understanding with her patients. Her number one goal is for her patients to get better. Dr. Lamvu is the best doctor you will find for female pelvic floor pain. She will give you answers and a treatment plan. Her office staff and nurses are kind and wonderful as well. She is one of the best doctors in the world. I'm sure of it, and I'm so privileged to be her patient! She is well worth the wait time that is sometimes spent waiting for her, while she is helping other patients because she will spend that time with you going over your progress and your plan. She is an amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

I went to her because I wanted a female Dr. and because my friends said she was good. When I arrived, a male Dr. came to see me. I was not even asked if it was OK with me. She only showed up when it was time for the pelvic exam, but the one who performed it was the male Dr. I did not leave because I had waited months for this appointment and I really needed answers on what was happening to me. After the pelvic exam, instead of leaving for me to clean up and get dressed, she stayed explaining my condition in such a rush and not really answering my questions. I was there holding a napkin, butt naked and cold. I left in tears and shaking.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I would NEVER recommend this facility. The office staff is rude and uncaring. They are not interested in answering questions you may have. They don't even have an RN on staff. This place gets a ZERO, they don't care at all.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Lamvu by my regular gyn... I feel that this was a horrible mistake. Dr. Lamvu does not know how to treat endometriosis any more than any other qualified ob/gyn. She simply tries to get you diagnosed with a pelvic floor prolapse so that she can send you to pelvic floor physical therapy and operate on you. Furthermore, her fellows which take your medical history do not listen well. Dr. Gyang (one of the fellows) even hushed me because while I was answering his questions. I would only go to her if you are in at least your 40s and have a uterine pelvic prolapse already diagnosed. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

Dr. Lamvu is amazing. She took the time to listen to my and my husband's concerns and talked us through everything. I felt like she actually cared and wanted to help me. The only negative thing I will say is that expect to wait a little while even with an appointment. Everytime I've been in there I've had to wait at least 45 minutes past my appointment time, but I will say it was worth it!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

My appointment ran hours late. I got pushed off on to a different doctor. I was late to work because they wasted my time. I was there for a test that should've taken 5 minutes. Bad, bad, bad....

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Bad bedside manners and lack of respect. She also looked like she was in a rush and did not take time to listen to my concerns. I waited months for this appointment because my friends had told me good things about her. I am very disapointed.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

An excellent MD. She is the most caring doc I have ever been to. The negative comments I think are from folks who are angry in the first place! Don't take it out on Dr. Lamvu. Bottom line: she KNOWS what she is doing.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

THIS IS A GOOD DOCTOR. I'm not sure about some of the comments mentioned about her on here, but for me she is a fantastic doctor. She has performed several out patient operations on me and everything has gone great. She has lead me to the nicest physical therapist, and she is just a kind person. Her medical staff are wonderful too, so kind and caring. Also the other doctors in her office are fantastic. She is a blessing, especially when you have a condition not many people have. She is just a wonderful person, and you can tell she loves helping woman. She has this joy about her. If you don't believe me, visit her yourself....thanks!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Wow! Dr. Lamvu is an amazing doctor! I went to her for vulvar pain. She answered all my questions, educated me on my condition, and spent all the time with me that I needed. She is very nice and caring too.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr. Georgine M. Lamvu's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC