Ratings for Dr. Mark Kupersmith

The worst, most arrogant condescending dr I've ever met. His "opinion" after meeting me and spending approx 3 minutes with me. While constantly interrupting me when I tried to answer his questions Was to bash every other dr I've ever seen, one in particular by name, and to tell me they were all wrong in anything they may have ever told me? All dr kupersmith had to say about the reason my dr referred me to him was that he was not impressed with the MRI. That some drs/radiologist don't read MRI 's correctly. And he made it clear he felt I had wasted his time. What kind of dr is this?? Then After basically dismissing me he charged me an additional $75 for looking at my MRI. He requested that I bring the MRI disk, but somehow neglected to mention he charges extra for him to look at it. Honestly- I'm the one who was not impressed!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Kupersmith is very smart,knowledgeable and hugely caring of the patient. I am so glad that I went to him with my eye problems. After going to 6 prior physicians with each making a different diagnosis, I finally got to a guy who was more interested in finding the source and magnatude of my problems than just making me feel "good". Patients who care about excellent service should like Dr. Kupersmith as much as I do. Those who need to be patronized while they are being "guessed at" might like someone else. Dr. Kupersmith is as demanding of other physicians and technicians (MRI/CT) as he is of himself. For my needs, that's the kind of doctor I want to visit when I need help!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

We took our teen son to Dr. Kupersmith and found him extremely kind, considerate and very knowledgable. Our son liked him and we found the examination very thorough.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I have never been to a more arrogant and condescending physician. Sure, his wall is adorned with accolades of his greatness - but he is downright cold - you get 60 seconds to tell what is wrong with you and if you are lucky at the end, 30 seconds of questions to ask the doctor. This is defintely not a warm and fuzzy kind of man.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Dr. Mark Kupersmith seems to be knowledgeable but fails to communicate effectively with patient. I question if he really cares. He seemed to be more interested in other cases than mine.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Joanie, his receptionist is about as good as they come. She is efficient, conscientious and caring. On the other hand her assistant, Helga, is rude and unable to handle the stress this job requires. I find Dr Kupersmith, himself to be extremely knowledgeable and very well respected by the medical community.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

As others have said, Dr. Kupersmith is one of the most arrogant and self centered doctors in NY. He not only does not care about his patients, he treats them like dirt. He also constantly yells at his staff and gets patients upset. I believe that he should not be practicing medicine, and should be in a setting where he can yell, scream, and condescend all he likes. I would not even recommend my worst enemy to him. Compare him with Hitler.

Submitted September 12, 2009

This doctor is excellent, excellent, excellent. If it was not for him, I would be blind today. When I was first having eye problems, I saw a doctor in New Jersey. He was lost regarding my condition and contacted Dr. Kupersmith. Dr. Kupersmith opened his office on a Sunday so he could see me as soon as possible. Then he fought to find me a bed at NYU Hospital so I could be admitted immediately. I was in the hospital for three weeks and he came to see me every day except one. He even told me in advance that he would not be there that day. And he had another doctor visit me just in case I had any questions or problems. The day I was discharged, he took time to stop by, on his way to the airport, to give me assurance because he knew I was nervous about going home. He always returns my calls. I see this doctor still, so he can monitor my condition which, thanks to him, has been stable for quite a while. I am very, very lucky to have found this doctor. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

This doctor is condescending and arrogant. I waited weeks for him to return my calls with regard to my MRI results.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2008

Dr. Mark Kupersmith's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Oxford