Ratings for Dr. Jason B. Karp

Great experience meeting with Dr. Karp. Very thorough and connected my medical history with my symptoms.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Karp's manner is sarcasticand unprofessional,he doesn't know how to prescribe Prednisone.He informed me of my diagnosis of COPD and emphysema while looking at paperwork on his desk, when he finally made eye contact with me and saw that I was visably upset he replied "You didn't expect to play with fire and not get burned did you?"Yes, I had been a smoker and had just told him how guilty I was feeling for doing this to myself and my family. Dr. Karp should learn the art of breaking bad news to patients using tact and compassion. Dr. Karp also had me on Prednisone way past the standard of care recommendations for COPD/Emphysema. After developing a moon face and painful muscles among other side effects of prednisone I begged him to taper my dose.He responded that he would try to get me off prednisone but some patients never do. I'm under the care of a wonderful pulmonary expert now who has compassion and knows how to prescribe medication.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr Karp was recommended to me by an acquaintance. I'd been to a pulmonologist out here in Southampton 3 times who just could not get s grip on what was going on with me. Vouching up bloody mucus, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, 1 trip to the emergency room. I was reluctant to go because it is a two hour ride each way for me, but this guy was so convincing about Dr Karp that I finally picked up the phone and made an appointment. One of the best things I've done since these symptoms stated two years earlier. Dr Karp listened patiently to my history, examined me and prescribed some medicine including inhalers and a nebulizer. Withing 3 days I noticed an ability to breath easier, less mucus, no blood in it, and a general feeling of being better. With a week that had changed even more for the better and today although I still have some of the symptoms they remain minor as long as I stick to taking my medicine and using my inhaler Dr Karp is a great doctor and I recommend him without reservation. If you have any issues with your lungs, call him, don't wait, do it and go see him. His " bedside manner" is excellent, he is accessible and most important the guy cares about his patients. Bill Smith ( not an alias)

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Dr. Karp is great. He starts early in the morning with rounds at the hospital and is in his office very early which is good if you want an appointment before work. He is very thorough and caring. I would highly recommend him! Also his staff has always been very nice and accommodating.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr. Karp is a caring and compassionate Doctor. I have been going to him for at least 15 years and have never been rushed or treated as if I'm not very important. He also treats my husband and he's gotten great care, too. We both think the world of Dr. Karp and would recommend him to everyone. You can ask the staff at North Shore Hospital. They think he's the best, too.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Great staff and a great doctor been using dr Karp now for around. 18 years thing I read against him from others is a disgrace when he cures you or your love ones do you let other know the staff is sometimes rough but need to if I worked there and dealing with some of the people coming in with attitude des should go somewhere else this is a great office with a great doctor thank you Dr Karp and thank you for a great staff

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

My mother has been a patient of Dr. Karp's for several years. Now that she has safely relocated to a nursing home far away from Dr. Karp, I can tell the truth about the treatment she's received.<p> First of all, Dr. Karp's staff is rude and unhelpful to a degree I've never encountered before. A visit to the DMV would be restorative once you've been to Dr. Karp's office. <p> Dr. Karp himself, while he seems knowledgeable, appears much more interested in maximizing his income rather than the health of his patients. That might explain why he needs two (equally rude) assistants to keep track of his schedule. Also, the only way to reach him is by fax. Does anyone have a fax these days? I certainly don't.<p> One more thing: I believe Dr. Karp is rated one of the "Best Doctors" by Castle Connolly or some such rating service. Please don't believe those -- they're all bought and paid for by the doctors themselves. Instead, get a recommendation from another physician. Good luck!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

The first and the most important thing in this office is your insurance and money, your health and your sickness comes way after, sorry to say.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Concerned about my health. Has up to date technology in his office.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Karp for quite a while. Although others complain about his front desk staff, I have never had a problem. He is always on time, which I appreciate because I know I can work an appointment into my work day with minimal time off. He asks questions that may seem to be out of his specialty, and he has addressed issues that are non pulmonary related. He treats the whole person, not just the pulmonary system. I have recommended many friends to Dr. Karp, and they are all equally satisfied with his attention and professionalism. Some see other doctors in his office and have the same reaction.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

Dr. Jason B. Karp's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal