Ratings for Dr. BARBARA Edelstein

I have been going to Dr Edelstein for over 20 years. I trust her completely. She is professional and very knowledgeable. I find her staff helpful and very pleasant. Yes, she is expensive and does not accept insurance. Since she doesn't accept medicare either I may soon have to, reluctantly, find a new radiologist

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Awful and humiliating experience at her office. Her receptionist was so rude and thr practice lacks empathy. I had an appointment with Dr. Edelstein and she refused to see me bc I did not have a recent Mammogram, although i had just had a thorough Breast MRI. When her receptionist made my appointment, this requirement was not discussed. I travelled two hours to NYC and missed work for this appointment. She had no compassion and refused to see me and did would not consider looking at any of my tests or results. Her receptionist discussed my case, my details, and denied to see me all while other patients looked on in the waiting room. Humilitating is an understatement. Awful experience, especially when you are looking for help with a serious condition.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Warmth is not Dr. Edelstein's strong point, and I find that disconcerting. Almost upsetting. That said, they say she has the best eyes in NY. I've been going here for twenty years and that is why. Guess I don't pay her to love me. Oh yes, and you sure pay. Cash. $$$$$

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I could not imagine anything but praise given for Dr. Edelstein. She has demonstrated over the last 10+ years that she has enormous talent, incredible insight and the true belief that every one of her patience is important to her. I am beyond impressed with her patience and incredibly kind demeanor -I would never go elsewhere. The office and staff are superb.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Very busy, over extended overbooked practice. Long Long waits. Requires multiple tests at a single visit for routine screening and very expensive with rates increasing every year. Accepts no insurance. Doctor always appears rushed, seeing many patients at the same time. Appears competent though at reading films. which is important .

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Very knowledgable. Will not send you home without speaking to you and answer all your questions.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Barbara Edelstein is VERY knowledgeable, expert. She is blunt, not empathic but very practical. Do not expect gentle communication. Her tech staff are very experienced. She is connected with Lenox Hill Hospital, whose doctors are not as good, in my opinion, compared with New York Presbyterian, Cornell Weil. So if you are diagnosed with cancer, as I was, she will refer you to doctors connected with Lenox Hill. I recommend her skill as a radiologist highly but did not like the doctors she referred me to at all.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

excellent doctor - she makes you feel like you are her only patient - I trust her totally

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

She is an excellent physician. I would trust anything she says, and she really cares.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Edelstein for over 15 years now and think she's great. Helpful, informative, professional and her staff is as well. Asks the right questions and spends time with me even though she has a full office of patients.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Dr. BARBARA Edelstein's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1977)