Ratings for Dr. John D. Brophy

I have a worker's compensation claim, and they sent me to Dr. Brophy. He is strictly for the worker's comp insurance companies. I would never recommend him to anyone that I know. He has my MRI in front of him that shows I have 3 bulging disks and 2 pinched nerves, yet he writes a report that I have a pulled muscle and sends me back to work. My PCP at the time took me off work until further notice because I was not even able to walk across the floor. Be very weary of this man. He is in it for the money not the patient.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Brophy did an excellent job performing my C5/6 spinal fusion. From the early stages of consultation, through the surgery and follow on examinations, Dr. Brophy and his entire staff handled all areas of my case as true professionals. I would classify Dr. Brophy as a conservative surgeon who seeks all alternatives to surgery unless no other option exists. What I appreciated most about my experience with Dr. Brophy was his candid and direct approach to my issue. There was no coddling, just matter of fact realties that ultimately lead to my decision to have my ruptured disc repaired. In the operating room, Dr. Brophy's experience was realized when I woke up without any lingering pain or numbness that remains to this day. I'd highly recommend Dr. Brophy to anyone considering similar surgery. His professionalism, experience and expertise will not disappoint.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr Brophy explained surgical procedure and answered questions in detail. Did not rush you during office visit. Felt at ease with him. Problem at this office is that it may take 2-3 days before your call is returned. Very frustrating

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

You gotta wonder when you come into contact with a doctors office for the first time and: 1. No one answers the phone and you must leave a message and your illness could be fatal. 2. The message states not to leave any more than one message or it will delay someone getting back with you. 3. No one calls back for days and you don't want to call more than once due to the warning message when you call and can't get alive person on the phone at any time. 4. When they do call back and you don't answer because you work for a living, you have to start all over. 5. When she finally calls you back, she is VERY RUDE and has no clue why you are calling. If it is this tough on the front end and people are rude, I find another doctor which I suggest you do too. I can't believe people can stay in business in a people industry treating people this way. STAY AWAY, I'm afraid what may happen if we go further here much less you and your family.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. Brophy takes time to listen to patients concerns.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. John D. Brophy's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1983)