Ratings for Dr. John D. Brophy

When Dr. Fernandez passed away I was put with John Brophy. I don’t call him doctor because he doesn’t deserve it! When I found out that I was passed on to Brophy, I called the office and asked the nurse if Bophy would continue to help me get my disability like Dr. Fernandez was doing and she told me that whatever Dr. Fernandez was doing, Brophy would also continue so I went ahead and saw him. He came into the room and I told him that I’m still having back pain since my spinal fusion with Dr. Fernandez and that some days I can’t hardly get out of bed. He asked me to stand up and take a couple of steps and then I sat back down and he said he never sees his patients after their post op visit and then he left the room. He spent maybe a minute in a half with me. I gave his nurse my disability forms to give him to fill out and I left. I get a phone call a week or two later from his nurse telling me that he is not going to fill out my disability forms because there is nothing wrong with me. How would he know being as he spent hardly a minute in a half in the room with me. Instead of trying to find out why I was hurting so bad all the time he just blew me off and said nothing was wrong with me. I went to see Dr. Scherelucke at Tabor Orthopedics and he could not figure out why I was hurting so he sent me to another doctor that he said could very well help me. So he sent me to Dr. Cole and in less than 5 minutes Dr. Cole figures out what it was! I had Fibromyalgia and failed back surgical syndrome. Dr. Cole then sent me to a Rheumatologist and he has been taking care of me since and my disability went right through now that we knew what was wrong with me all along. John Brophy does not help people who need disability and he is probably the worst doctor I’ve ever seen! I worked in the medical field for almost 30 years and I can tell you right now that I would not let this man treat my dog! He is arrogant and a know it all. He has no compassion and doesn’t care. Do not see this man!!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Rude self absorbed lier you name it left me hurting was play concerned about my military career

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

Wonderful surgeon!! Took time out to explain injury and steps to correct that included cervical spine surgery. Helped to reassure me and my family. Absolutely that best surgeon !! Workers comp and his staff worked hard to correct the damage and get me back in the game!! Thank you very much!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

I was referred by Dr. Fahey. Initially I was very nervous as I went to one doctor about an issue in both my hands only to learn the root cause of the problem was in my spine, my neck to be specific. And let me just tell you that my neck is a mess! Dr. Brophy was very patient yet direct in his explaination. I have 3 discs pressing on my spinal cord on various spots. He explained to me my very limited options and agreed to a nerve block making sure to fully explain this is a temporary SYMPTOM RELIEF only and not a solution to correcting the problem. Fast forward to now, I now need the surgery so I am returning back to Dr. Brophy. I have seen so many W/C reviews regarding Dr. Brophy and as he explained that the condition I have, that most people have is not a one occurrence problem. You don't just wake up with degenerative bulging discs so unfortunately it cannot be pinpointed to one point of reference...lawyers, stay at home moms and athletes can experience the same level of disc degenration. I'm thankful for Dr. Brophy and his amazing staff.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Dr. Brophy was very professional as well as his staff. Dr. Bophy took the time to listen, understand and explain what my pain was. The one thing about him that stood out to me was the fact Dr. Brophy was not there to sugar coat anything. He delt in only the facts and laid it all out in understanable language. The other things which stood out to me is he did not rush you and make you feel like another person, you are his patient and that how I felt at his office. I read some reviews where there was a 2 day delay in a return phone call, that's not his office, that's another office is what I found out. So with that said, I never had a problem getting anyone on the phone or to call me back in a reasonable time from Dr. Brophy's office. I would recommend, and in fact have, recommended Dr. Brophy.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I have a worker's compensation claim, and they sent me to Dr. Brophy. He is strictly for the worker's comp insurance companies. I would never recommend him to anyone that I know. He has my MRI in front of him that shows I have 3 bulging disks and 2 pinched nerves, yet he writes a report that I have a pulled muscle and sends me back to work. My PCP at the time took me off work until further notice because I was not even able to walk across the floor. Be very weary of this man. He is in it for the money not the patient.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Brophy did an excellent job performing my C5/6 spinal fusion. From the early stages of consultation, through the surgery and follow on examinations, Dr. Brophy and his entire staff handled all areas of my case as true professionals. I would classify Dr. Brophy as a conservative surgeon who seeks all alternatives to surgery unless no other option exists. What I appreciated most about my experience with Dr. Brophy was his candid and direct approach to my issue. There was no coddling, just matter of fact realties that ultimately lead to my decision to have my ruptured disc repaired. In the operating room, Dr. Brophy's experience was realized when I woke up without any lingering pain or numbness that remains to this day. I'd highly recommend Dr. Brophy to anyone considering similar surgery. His professionalism, experience and expertise will not disappoint.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr Brophy explained surgical procedure and answered questions in detail. Did not rush you during office visit. Felt at ease with him. Problem at this office is that it may take 2-3 days before your call is returned. Very frustrating

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

You gotta wonder when you come into contact with a doctors office for the first time and: 1. No one answers the phone and you must leave a message and your illness could be fatal. 2. The message states not to leave any more than one message or it will delay someone getting back with you. 3. No one calls back for days and you don't want to call more than once due to the warning message when you call and can't get alive person on the phone at any time. 4. When they do call back and you don't answer because you work for a living, you have to start all over. 5. When she finally calls you back, she is VERY RUDE and has no clue why you are calling. If it is this tough on the front end and people are rude, I find another doctor which I suggest you do too. I can't believe people can stay in business in a people industry treating people this way. STAY AWAY, I'm afraid what may happen if we go further here much less you and your family.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. Brophy takes time to listen to patients concerns.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. John D. Brophy's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1983)